10. VMware Puts Its Updated OpenStack Distro Under Its Telco NFV Group
It also released the newest version of its VIO distribution, VMware Integrated OpenStack 5, which is now based on the OpenStack Queens release. Read more.
9. AT&T, Shaw, and China Mobile Outline 5G Trial Successes and Failures
From foliage that blocks antennas to bandwidth speeds that vary dramatically, global operators open up about the good, bad, and ugly of their 5G trials. Read more.
8. Contrail’s Founder Raises $25M for Volterra, a New Startup Focused on Business Use Cases
Ankur Singla says that solving business problems has more value than simply selling a technology. Read more.
7. AT&T Evolves Its AT&T Integrated Cloud via Airship, Making It 100% Container-Based
6. Arista Networks Enters Campus Switching Market
Arista is already working with HPE’s Aruba and VMware as part of its foray into the campus. This is an area where Cisco dominates. Read more.
5. Will Intel White Box uCPE Pass Service Providers’ Taste Tests?
A handful of OEMs are already building products based on the new reference architecture for uCPE. Read more.
4. Kip Compton’s Promotion Signals Bigger Cloud Strategy for Cisco
3. CA Technologies To Cut 800 Jobs As Company Shifts Business Model
The company said that it is consolidating the number of its offices and letting go of employees that don’t have the right skill sets. Read more.
2. ZTE Shutters Operations in Response to U.S. Trade Ban
The Chinese firm halted all manufacturing in its factory after being banned from using components made in the U.S. for the next seven years. Read more.
1. Cisco Warns Massive Russian Malware Attack Hit 500K Routers Globally
Cisco’s threat intelligence team believes the malware is directly related to one of the two Russian groups responsible for hacking during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. Read more.