10. Vodafone Taps Mirantis for Managed Open Cloud Services
Mirantis will provide an OpenStack-based VIM for Vodafone’s ‘Project Ocean.’ Read More.
9. 10 IoT Platforms Changing How Companies Do Business
When it comes to picking an IoT platform, it’s like the Wild West. Read More.
8. What if a Service Provider Snagged Brocade’s Virtual Router?
Brocade still owns some SDN and NFV assets that haven’t been claimed by either Arris or Extreme. Read More.
7. Qureshi Departs Ericsson, Heuveldop to Oversee North America
Qureshi helped spearhead Ericsson’s collaboration with Cisco. Read More.
6. Comcast Business Chooses Versa Networks for SD-WAN
MPLS won’t be a factor in Comcast’s SD-WAN play. Read More.
5. Edward Snowden Wakes Up the Audience at OpenStack Summit 2017
Snowden said the future of the Internet, and even the future of the world, is in the hands of developers. Read More.
4. Cisco to Lay Off 1,100 Employees by November 2017
And the company expects revenue declines of 4 to 6 percent next quarter. Read More.
3. Cisco Buys SD-WAN Vendor Viptela for $610M
The deal will give Cisco a pure-play SD-WAN offering. Read More.
2. Verizon Open Source White Box ‘Coming Soon,’ VP Says
Expect an ‘Android’ model, as opposed to AT&T’s ‘Apple’ model. Read More.
1. Verizon and AT&T Exit From Cloud Business Applauded by Analysts
Enterprises want carrier-agnostic solutions. Read More.