10. Verizon Views SDN and NFV as a Foundation for 5G
Virtualization will cut down on operational costs and drive more competition, Verizon says. Read More.
9. Cisco Gets on Board Microsoft’s SONiC Train
Cisco’s fixed Nexus switches can be used with SONiC software. Read More.
8. The Tables Have Turned: Ericsson Picks Verizon for SD-WAN
Ericsson played a role in helping Verizon set up its managed SD-WAN service. Read More.
7. What Network Engineers Should Know About Blockchain
Blockchain could change transactions the way the Internet changed communications. Read More.
6. Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins Predicts the Future is Intent-Based Networking
Robbins said intent-based networking will “redefine the network for the next 30 years.” Read More.
5. Nokia’s Silicon is the ‘Best Router Chip on the Planet,’ Says Analyst
Nokia says its FP4 silicon will enable webscale operators and service providers to build faster, more secure networks. Read More.
4. Cisco’s Ulevitch: We Say SDN Stands for ‘Still Does Nothing’
Cisco aims to be a one-stop shop for security. Read More.
3. Top SD-WAN Vendors Based on Revenue in Q1 2017
Viptela leads the pack, but VeloCloud is also a strong contender, IHS says. Read More.
2. Cisco Aims to ‘Meraki-fy’ its Software Business, Lohmeyer Says
The company is making software sticky so it can move customers to a subscription model. Read More.
1. AT&T Buys Brocade’s Vyatta Assets, Including the vRouter
The deal expands AT&T’s white box capabilities. Read More.