Check out our top articles of January 2018, covering the SDxCentral universe of SDN, NFV, and related topics. Rankings are based on unique visitors aggregated during the month.
10. IBM ‘Redeploys’ CFO, Reportedly Plans to Reassign 30% of Workforce
Many of the reassignments will come from its Global Technology Services division. Read more.
9. The Meltdown and Spectre CPU Flaws Reverberate
Linus Torvalds, one of the creators of Linux, had harsh words for Intel. Read more.
8. Ericsson Job Cuts Top 10K in Q4 as Downward Spiral Continues
Ulf Ewaldsson, who played a key role in developing the company’s 5G vision, will leave the executive team. Read more.
7. VMware Cuts 159 Employees Amid Dell Technologies Buyout Rumors
The job cuts come amid rumors that Dell Technologies is considering buying VMware — or that VMware may acquire Dell Technologies. Read more.
6. Equinix CEO Resigns Suddenly Over Employee Matter
Peter Van Camp, executive chairman of Equinix’s board of directors, will become the interim CEO while the company finds a replacement. Read more.
5. Linux Foundation Combines 6 Networking Projects Into 1
The new combined project will be led by Arpit Joshipura, who will serve as its executive director. Read more.
4. Cisco Acquires HCI Company Skyport Systems
The Skyport Systems team will join Cisco’s Data Center – Computing Systems Product Group and the Service Provider – Networking Group. Read more.
3. The End of Larry Vs. Amazon? AWS Looking to Dump Oracle, Report Says
Salesforce also wants to say “Sayonara” to Oracle software. Read more.
2. Disappointment for Huawei at CES 2018?
The Chinese company has yet another setback in the U.S. after AT&T backs out of an arrangement to sell Huawei smartphones. Read more.
1. Verizon Joins ONAP
Verizon’s participation comes as a bit of a surprise given that half the ONAP code came from AT&T. Read more.