10. Juniper CTO Sindhu Stepping Aside to Focus on His Startup
Fungible hasn’t revealed what it’s working on, but it does seem to involve semiconductors. Read More.
9. Arista Founder: Networking Standards Move Too Slowly for Cloud Giants:
Arista is trying to start a grass-roots standards effort for 800 Gb/s optics. Read More.
8. Nine Security Startups Worth Watching In 2017
Legacy security products are not keeping up, and that’s creating a lot of opportunity for nimble startups. Read More.
7. AT&T Flings Doors Wide Open on ECOMP Platform
ECOMP is officially an open source project hosted by the Linux Foundation. Read More.
6. AT&T ICEs Vendors of Virtual Network Functions
Vendors must use ICE to introduce and certify their VNFs for AT&T’s network. Read More.
5. Cisco Unveils New Hardware for Virtual Functions at the Branch
Cisco says enterprises want services on top of their branch connectivity. Read More.
4. Walmart Boasts 213,000 Cores on OpenStack
The retailer says it’s become one of the world’s largest users of Puppet. Read More.
3. Why Open Source ECOMP? AT&T Needs the Help
Without it, the telco won’t meet its 75 percent virtualization goal. Read More.
2. Arris Buys Brocade’s Ruckus Wireless and ICX Switch Business for $800M
Broadcom might have more IP pieces to divest, however. Read More.
1. Cisco’s Former Spin-In Crew Resurfaces
The team that sold three “spin-in” startups to Cisco has launched its newest venture, called Pensando. Read More.