10. Versa Cinches Deal with Verizon for Software-Defined Branch
Versa sees uptick now that Viptela belongs to Cisco. Read More.
9. Cisco Meraki Data Loss Reveals Need for Oversight
Similar AWS and Google outages show how cloud configuration errors can cripple business. Read More.
8. Telefόnica Complains About its OpenStack Implementations
Analysys Mason advises Telefόnica to exert pressure on Unica vendors to live up to their promises. Read More.
7. Lumina Networks Picks Up Brocade’s SDN Controller
Lumina is launching with about 60 employees, the majority of which are coming from Brocade. Read More.
6. Verizon Considers Competing with Cisco, Juniper on Software
As the service provider gets more involved with virtualization it could potentially become a software vendor itself. Read More.
5. Cisco Completes $610M Viptela SD-WAN Deal
SVP David Goeckeler will oversee the Viptela business. Read More.
4. Ericsson May Cut 25,000 Employees Outside Sweden, Report Says
The company might reduce its operations in some markets by as much as 90 percent. Read More.
3. VMware Scores ‘Huge Win’ with Vodafone for NFV
It’s VMware’s largest-ever telco deal. Read More.
2. Top 10 Security Startups to Watch in 2017
We’re watching them (watching you). Read More.
1. NetApp CEO to Nutanix, VMware: Our HCI Is Better Than Yours
NetApp plans to take on hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) giants Nutanix and VMware with its next-generation HCI system. Read More.