…Big data analytics provider Guavus rolled out a beefed-up new version of its operational intelligence platform. Reflex 2.0 is built around an open source analytics core that supports Apache Spark and Hadoop YARN. Guavus says the updated Reflex Operational Intelligence Platform has evolved from batch processing to real-time data analysis at scale from multiple sources and systems including network and cloud.
…Software-defined storage company Compuverde was awarded three new patents in hyperconverged storage. The newly patented technology includes an approach to replication and self-healing in the storage cluster that features a many-to-many replication pattern for rebuilding lost data quickly. Other patents cover innovations in horizontal scaling of storage nodes.
The combined company says it plans to integrate Tilera’s control and data plane standard processors, known for their high core count and low power dissipation, with EZchip’s high-performance accelerator.
…A consortium of heavy hitters unveiled a new specification to bring 25 and 50 Gbps Ethernet to cloud-scale networks. The spec enables up to 2.5X higher performance per physical lane or twinax copper wire between the rack endpoint and switch compared to current 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet links. The specification is available royalty-free to any vendor or consumer who joins the open consortium formed by Arista, Broadcom, Google, Mellanox and Microsoft.
And here are the stories we covered earlier this week:
- Devops and Change Control
- IDC Brief: Cisco ACI Prepares Data Centers for Next-Gen Virtualization and Hybrid Cloud
- Wanted: One Copy of ‘NFV Orchestration for Dummies’
- Metaswitch Proposes Open-Source Layer 3 for Scaling NFV
- Meru Networks Gets ONF Certification
- NFV Approaches Phase 2, With Help from the Linux Foundation
- Nuage Networks SDN Video: ‘Unleash the Power of the Cloud’