For those of you new to the Rayno Report (oh wait — I’m new too), one of our big themes is investigating, analyzing, and playing the big trends, whether it be in markets or technology. I am a big believer that at fundmental turning points there are huge opportunities.
Here are some of the trends to look at and pay attention to in reverse order:
10) The world is running out of rare-earth metals (Forbes)
9) Growth of LEDs.
Eight) Terrorism-scanning software is becoming very sophisticated. And that means a growing threat to personal liberty (Telegraph).
7) Growth of digital Imaging. In all forms.
6) Computer-algorithms are taking over financial markets (Source: NYSE, Nasdaq)
4) World currencies are being debased. And Gold is becoming the ultimate world currency. Again.
3) Cloud Computing — and what it means for many technology businesses.
2) Video is taking over the Internet
1) Internet data traffic — and mobile data traffic, in particular — is exploding. Unfortunately, revenues aren’t!