Kind of a slow day in the news, eh? That’s probably because after the Fed announced it will continue its free money for Wall Street policy indefinitely, there was nothing left to say. At any rate, here are a few items on my screen:
- Dow sets new 52-week high (Wall Street Journal). Breakout or fakeout! Tough call.
- Inflation’s siren song (Wall Street Journal). My prediction, the Fed will keep printing money until gold is $5,000.
- The chips are chipper (Reuters).
- Thinking wind power? Solar? Nuclear? Ethanol. Nah, try coal (Bloomberg)
- Microsoft is out with Explorer 9 (PCWorld)
- Swedish music service Spotify says it has 320,000 paying users. (NetworkWorld)
- $2 Trillion in new debt. Looks like we just picked up Wall Street’s tab (CBSNews)
- I wasn’t going to buy the home, then I saw the realtor’s headshot on the sign (The Onion)