Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The Linux Foundation Networking Fund launched a performance lab for Tungsten Fabric and additional SDN projects. In other news, the Linux Foundation Deep Learning Foundation artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), deep learning project Acumos released its first software release.
Verizon opened two 5G Experience Labs in Sacramento and Indianapolis.
Programmable data center networking software provider Kaloom partnered with Red Hat’s virtual central officer service for multi-vendor NFV deployments at the edge. Kaloom also raised $10 million in a series A funding round.
ZTE declared 1,000 families of 3GPP 5G standard-essential patents to ETSI.
Oracle released bare metal infrastructure compute instances for its cloud platform.
Elastic released version 6.5 of its Elastic Stack with updates for logging, metrics, and application performance management (APM).
OPNFV released its latest platform update, Gambia, with cloud-native and continuous deployment, testing, and carrier grade features.
Sysdig released its cloud-native intelligence platform on AWS.
Google Cloud Platform now offers alpha availability for Nvidia Tesla T4 graphic processing units (GPU) with machine learning inference, distributed training of models, and computer graphics.
AWS launched a multi-platform, production-ready distribution of Open Java Development Kit.
Cavirin released auto-remediation capabilities in AWS and on-premises environments.
Dell EMC expanded its high performance computing (HPC) portfolio.
SAP acquired experience management software company Qualtrics for $8 billion in cash.
Ciena updated its partner program to provide customization and personalization from a single platform.
Telenor selected Ericsson to build its 5G core network in Sweden, Denmark, and Norway.
Codefresh integrated its Kubernetes-native continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) with Microsoft Azure hosted Helm Repositories.
FogHorn partnered with Dell EMC to deliver end-to-end industrial IoT (IIoT) edge computing services.
Aruba released a portfolio of IoT-ready wireless access points.
California education non-profit Cenic deployed Juniper Networks MX Series 5G universal routing platform.
Apptio was acquired by an affiliate of Vista Equity Partners.
Viavi launched a base station analyzer for mobile service providers.
New Relic added features for serverless, container orchestration, microservices, on-host monitoring, and APM support for AWS Lambda on its monitoring platform.
Mellanox and Los Alamos National Laboratory are building a mission-centric computing infrastructure.
SonicWall updated its cloud platform including zero-touch deployment and secure SD-WAN.
Lavelle Networks signed a reseller agreement with U.K. IT distributor Cloudtexo for its SD-WAN platform.
Docker partnered with application networks building platform MuleSoft to containerize, modernize, and connect mission-critical applications and data.
Instana added zero-touch instrumentation for Python application and service visibility on its APM platform.
SolarWinds added Access Rights Management to its IT management portfolio following the acquisition of 8MAN.
Virgin Media Business rolled out a managed SD-WAN service, based on Versa Networks.
CenturyLink and Infinera partnered to provide the network equipment, software, and services at an international high performance computing conference, SC18.
Tencent transmitted single-wavelength 600 Gb/s signals over its open line system using Adva’s optical data center interconnect platform.
Data center and computing provider Verne Global updated its bare-metal infrastructure platform to include servers with Arm-based Marvell processors.
Twistlock released an open source cloud discovery tool that enables enterprises to quantify the size of the environment and give visibility to their cloud native services.
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) created a computational storage technical work group to create standards for interoperability of computational storage devices.
Wind River and CENGN jointly created a public repository to host StarlingX resources. StarlingX is an open source project hosted by the OpenStack Foundation for cloud infrastructure software.
Multi-factor authentication provider Silverfort partnered with Check Point for threat-driven multi-factor authentication.
The Southern Cross Cable Network deployed Ciena’s submarine cable infrastructure platform.
Snowflake Computing released general availability of its data warehouse platform on Microsoft Azure.
Cloudability integrated its cloud cost management platform with Datadog’s monitoring and analytics platform.
IT services provider Mphasis acquired DevOps automation company Stelligent Systems.
Data infrastructure provider Western Digital launched a memory extension drive for running modern applications.
Web-application firewall service RivalGuardian unveild a cloud-based firewall service and distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection.
The OIF launched a project for a multi-layer SDN reference architecture as a use case for packet optical transport networks.
Digital transformation company Microland deployed Versa Networks to power its secure SD-WAN services.
MapR Technologies launched a reference architecture for its data platform on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Security firm Kenna Security updated its platform to improve its data-driven approach.
IoT provider Pivot3 launched a program for architects and engineers to work on enterprise IoT.
Semiconductor manufacturing company Skyworks is expanding its 5G smart cell and massive multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO) platforms.
Aviat Networks and Bouygues Telecom completed a microwave SDN proof of concept.
Cloud benchmarking and consulting firm Cloud Spectator launched an automated platform that enables enterprises to compare cloud service providers.
Identity and issuance technology provider Entrust Datacard released its authentication service to Microsoft Azure Active Directory conditional access customers.
Security company Digital Defense released next-generation threat detection technology.
IT operations software company Zenoss launched an extension for Kubernetes to monitor the health, status, and performance of clusters.
Security startup Dragos raised new funding worth $37 million.
Root Data Center deployed Megaport’s SDN technology in its Montreal facilities.
Network security firm Bricata released availability of its federal information processing standard 140-2 validated encryption.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Former Oracle Exec Thomas Kurian Replaces Google Cloud CEO Diane Greene
- BlackBerry Bets $1.4B on IoT Security With Cylance Acquisition
- Oracle Buys SD-WAN Vendor Talari Networks
- HPE InfoSight Pushes AI Into Data Center Servers
- Carl Icahn Waves White Flag in War With Dell
- Indian Companies Help Propel Cisco’s Strong Q1 2019 Earnings
- Alibaba Cloud Launches Serverless, Interactive Query Service
- Telefónica, IBM Collaborate on Telecom Blockchain
- 5G Networks Will Be Live in 2019, But Profits Will Take Longer
- Nokia Veers From Red Hat OpenStack With Latest CloudBand Update
- Dell Raises VMware Offer, Secures Binding Agreements From Shareholders
- LiveAction Unifies Data Sources With Network Monitoring Platform Update
- The IBM-Red Hat Deal Cuts Both Ways for Canonical
- Seven New Spectre, Meltdown-Type Attacks Discovered
- Scalyr Extends Log Management and Monitoring to Kubernetes
- Riverbed SD-WAN Gets Security, Enterprise-Routing Upgrade
- Germany Jumps on Huawei 5G Ban Plans, Says Report
- Rubrik Andes Adds Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Protection and Automation
- Rancher Labs Ropes Tencent, Alibaba, Huawei Support Into Container Platform
- Latest Security Unicorn Netskope Scores $168.7M Series F
- Red Hat Squeezes OpenStack, OpenShift Closer Together
- OpenStack Expands With New Projects, Canonical’s CEO Is Not Thrilled About It
- ThoughtSpot Brings Search-Based Analytics to Google Cloud
- How Cities Should be Preparing for 5G Deployments
- Nokia Cleaves Customer Operations With Focus on 5G
- Cisco Combines SD-WAN and Security, Extends Intent-Based Networking to Wireless
- Huawei Completes a 5G Deployment in China With Zhejiang Mobile
- Intel Accelerates Mult-mode 5G Chip Launch
- Linux Foundation Launches Open Source Ceph Storage Group
- Michigan VC Firm Deploys Bigleaf SD-WAN to Its Car Dealership
Check out SDxCentral’s Weekly Podcast: