Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Radcom’s service assurance technology received certification to run as a virtual network function (VNF) on Telefónica’s Unica platform.
Canonical and Trilio partnered to deliver Trilio’s backup and recovery technology on Canonical’s OpenStack private cloud platform.
MicroFocus divested the assets acquired from a former business unit of HPE — its Atalla Hardware Security Module and Enterprise Secure Key Manager product lines.
Portnox’s network visibility application, Clear, was released for Palo Alto Networks’ Application Framework.
Edge intelligence firm Swim.AI launched a suite of smart city and IoT software solutions.
Data center company Future Facilities demonstrated its edge computing simulation.
Synergy Research Group released a report that showed the capex of hyperscale operators hit $27 billion in the first quarter of 2018.
The startup Platform.sh, with a cloud application platform, raised $34 million in Series C funding.
Network security company Opaq Networks integrated its security software with Duo Security’s cloud access platform.
Software provider Zerto launched its IT Resilience Platform, which converges disaster recovery, cloud mobility, and backup on a single platform.
Mist released its artificial intelligence-driven wireless platform for Palo Alto Networks’ Application Framework.
Sentry, a provider of application performance monitoring (APM) for developers, raised $16 million in a Series B round.
Security provider Curtail launched its software testing product ReGrade to find flaws and bugs in a network before deployment.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Containers Climb the Hype Cycle, as AT&T and Google Attest
- Kip Compton’s Promotion Signals Bigger Cloud Strategy for Cisco
- Nutanix CEO Talks ‘Sherlock’ Edge Platform, Blurred Lines Between Containers and VMs
- Mirantis Looks Up the Stack to Help Developers With Continuous Delivery
- Fortinet Security Fabric Connectors Automate Management for Multi-Vendor Environments
- Edgewater Customizes SD-WAN to Fit Small Businesses
- CenturyLink SD-WAN Biz Remains Small, but Is Growing
- FBI Takes On Russian Hackers, Seizes VPNFilter Malware Domain
- Lumina Networks Raises $10M With Investments From Both Verizon and AT&T
- HCI, Storage Revenue, and HPE Next Cost Cuts Boost HPE’s Bottom Line
- EMA Report: Network Management Teams Shift Focus to SD-WAN, SDN, and SDDC
- Kata Containers 1.0 Launch Hones In on Security, Interoperability Fears
- Cisco Warns Massive Russian Malware Attack Hit 500K Routers Globally
- Verizon Study: 15% of Enterprises Surveyed Are Deploying SDN
- Pica8 Guns for Cisco With PicaPilot White Box Software Platform
- AT&T Evolves Its AT&T Integrated Cloud via Airship, Making it 100% Container-Based
- Cato SD-WAN Hunts Down Threats With Zero-Footprint Data Aggregation
- Pivot3 Adds Live Migration Across AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- OpenStack Makes Its Open Source CI/CD Platform Available to the Wider World
- Spectre and Meltdown Chip Flaws Back From the Dead as ‘Variant 4’
- Juniper, Red Hat Tighten Integration to Fend Off VMware
- Masergy Makes Its SD-WAN More Agile With Bandwidth On-Demand
- Imperiled ZTE May Get a Reprieve as China, U.S. Work on Deal to Remove Ban
- Red Hat OpenStack HCI Targets Telco Hybrid Cloud, 5G Deployments
- OpenStack Members Argue About the Definition of ‘the Edge’
- Kontron Supports Latest OpenStack, Kubernetes Releases, Keeps Them Separate
- Qualcomm’s New 5G NR Small Cell Platform Uses a Software-Defined Modem
- Microsoft Buys Conversational AI Startup Semantic Machines
- Google GKE Usage Surged 9x in 2017, Now Integrates Kubernetes 1.10
- VMware Puts Its Updated OpenStack Distro Under Its Telco NFV Group
- How U.S. Tech Firms Are Spending Their Newly Repatriated Cash