Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Red Hat released general availability of Virtualization 4.2. This is the company’s Kernel-based virtual machine powered virtualization platform. It also released its virtualization suite.
HPE launched an artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) platform for telecom operators.
Open Fiber selected Cisco’s Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) platform to automate its network, Open Fiber’s network services were configured by Italtel and Maticmind.
SoftBank created a radio access network design using machine intelligence technology from Ericsson.
Telefonica certified monitoring company Empirix’s virtual multi-service probe to be deployed within its UNICA environment.
Rackspace acquired RelationEdge, a Salesforce partner and digital marketing agency. The acquisition is intended to provide implementation and managed services for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
Lanner Electronics and Intel partnered to work on hardware/software universal CPE (uCPE) for software-defined networks (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV).
Monitoring company Exfo launched a platform that links performance measurement to network topology.
Cloudian launched its HyperStore object storage management technology on Google Cloud Platform.
Performance management company Centina released the newest version of its service assurance platform to enable automation, closed-loop orchestration, and more.
Security provider BugReplay integrated its flagship network debugging product with software provider Inflectra’s suite of applications.
Belgium cable provider Telenet chose Benu Network’s virtual service edge platform for its small-to-medium enterprise markets.
Monitoring company Uila received a patent for infrastructure performance monitoring.
Software provider UBiqube launched a series of training sessions that will teach multi-vendor and multi-domain orchestration skills.
Broadband Dynamics selected Colo Atl, a data center and carrier-neutral colocation provider, for its data center services in Atlanta.
Rohde & Schwarz technology group and PoLTE Corporation, cellular-based location company, partnered to grow the cellular-connected IoT device ecosystem.
CTAccel joined Accelize ecosystem to make its image processor available in its marketplace.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Dell Still Pondering IPO, VMware Merger, Puts a New Option on the Table
- Microsoft and Dell Win Mega Cloud Deal With US Intelligent Community
- Rigado Packages IoT-Focused Edge-as-a-Service Platform
- AT&T Joins SKT and Intel to Launch the Airship OpenStack Project to Build Container-Based Clouds
- DC Blox Snares $37M in Funding for Southeast Data Center Expansion
- House Committee Snubs Trump’s Request to Save ZTE
- Kubernetes’ Future Is More Jazz Improv Than Just Orchestration
- Cisco’s New Security Guru Talks About How to Kill Complexity in 3 Steps
- AT&T, Shaw, and China Mobile Outline 5G Trial Successes and Failures
- Cisco’s Catalyst 9K Switch Propels the Company’s Finances
- Oracle Beefs Up Its Machine Learning With DataScience.com Acquisition
- How Will U.S. Tensions With China Affect Open Source Networking?
- Barracuda Drops Cloud-Delivered Web Application Firewall Service
- Trump Axes Top Cybersecurity Role, Kaspersky Moves to Switzerland
- Rackspace Joins the Managed Kubernetes Fray
- Sprint Joins ORAN Alliance and Linux Foundation Networking Fund
- RingCentral Unites SD-WAN and Unified Communications
- Cryptojacking Is the New Black, Cloud Security Reports Say
- Sprint, Verizon Reveal New 5G Launch Markets
- Netscout’s Monitoring Makes the Cut in Telefónica’s Lab
- ADVA Drives Cloud-Native Encryption Into ConnectGuard Platform
- HPE Buys Plexxi, Flexes Hyperconverged and Composable Muscles
- Adtran Shepherds Broadband Forum Project on Application-Level Testing
- Verizon to Migrate 1,000 Biz Apps and Backend Systems to AWS
- T-Mobile: Not an All or Nothing When It Comes to vRAN
- Will Intel White Box uCPE Pass Service Providers’ Taste Tests?
- Verizon’s Fixed 5G Plan Is Just 1 Slice of Its 5G Deployment Picture
- Fortanix Scores Partnerships With IBM Cloud and Equinix, Encrypts Data in Use
- Contrail’s Founder Raises $25M for Volterra, a New Startup Focused on Business Use Cases
- Trump Intervenes in ZTE Drama to Get Company ‘Back in Business, Fast’