Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
AT&T Plans 60,000 dNOS-Powered White Boxes to Support 5G — The white box routers are part of a “radical realignment” of AT&T’s network architecture.
Nokia Will Slash 353 Jobs in Network, Technology Units — Nokia total revenues dipped 1 percent to $8.3 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017.
Reliance Jio Has Luxury of Building a Greenfield SDN Network — The Indian mobile operator is building a software-defined network (SDN) from scratch using Cisco, Samsung, and other vendors, along with cherry-picked open source code.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
TM Forum partnered with the Linux Foundation to drive innovation of open source architectures and APIs, particularly for communications service providers.
Dell Technologies joined the Automotive Computing Consortium to support the deployment of connected vehicles.
Nokia released a new version of its cognitive analytics for customer insight software, leveraging its customer experience index.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) released general availability of its hybrid cloud management tool, OneSphere.
Ericsson and Ambra Solutions delivered an LTE network for the Agbuci Eagle underground mine in Canada.
KDDI and Samsung tested 5G tablets and access units on millimeter wave spectrum at a baseball stadium in Japan.
The Linux Foundation started four new training courses to provide knowledge for ONAP and OPNFV.
European cloud-neutral colocation data center company Interxion Holding added direct access to IBM Cloud services at its footprint of European data centers.
ZTE released its virtualized broadband remote access servers (vBRAS) for managing physical and virtual forwarding planes.
Pica8 and NEC demonstrated a multi-vendor 100G switch fabric using the NEC SDN controller.
Pensa integrated its Maestro network functions virtualization (NFV) platform with the ONAP project.
Enea expanded its NFV lab for multi-architectural support and professional services.
RSA released a new Archer Cyber Risk Quantification use case to allow businesses to expose the financial risk associated with cybersecurity.
Next-generation platform Remesh secured $10 million in a Series A funding round led by General Catalyst.
IT management consulting firm CapTech released an open source data ingestion engine.
Infinidat launched four new products for public cloud services and data production.
Security provider SonicWall started a managed security service provider (MSSP) program.
Pulse Secure integrated with Fortinet for endpoint intelligence and automated threat response.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- CenturyLink Trials NFV Startup NetElastic’s Software
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella ‘Embraces’ Cloud, Edge as the Future
- Service Providers Get a Little Testy With Vendors Regarding SDN
- SPIFFE, SPIRE Join Cloud Native Computing Foundation Sandbox
- Vint Cerf Envies the Modern ‘Internet Adventure’ with Open Routing, Switching
- Kubernetes Development Remains Hot, But What’s Next?
- Australia’s Macquarie Telecom Rolls Out SD-WAN for Aged Care Provider
- VMware Boosts Cloud Management Automation, Promises Azure Support Soon
- Docker CTO Solomon Hykes Will Leave the Company He Co-Founded
- Amdocs Leverages ONAP to Win Microsoft as a Customer
- Dell EMC, Metaswitch Push Software Disaggregation With Composable Network Protocols
- Cisco Disaggregates Its IOS XR, Though ‘Open’ Remains Ambiguous
- China Mobile Picks Nuage’s SDN Platform to Expand Enterprise Cloud
- VMware Buys Second Security Startup, E8 Security
- AT&T’s dNOS Morphs Into the Linux Foundation’s DANOS
- McAfee Drops New SOCs, Netskope Takes CASB Beyond Cloud Apps
- MEC-Focused Akraino Project Lures Intel and Wind River Support
- U.S. Mobile Operators Will Spend $100B on 5G by 2020, Study Says
- HPE Acquires Sensor-Based Service Assurance Startup Cape Networks
- Autonomous Drones Will Run on Vapor IO’s Edge Data Centers
- Kubernetes 1.10 Release Hits Storage, Security, and Networking
- Pivot3 Jumps Into Hybrid Cloud Game, Moves HCI Stack to AWS
- Data Center Network Equipment Revenue Hit $13.7B in 2017
- ONF Operator Members are Tired of Vendor Inertia
- Telemedicine Company Deploys Cradlepoint for SD-WAN and SD-Perimeter Management
- Linux Foundation Creates Deep Learning Foundation and AI Project
- Pivotal Software Files for IPO
- New FCC Rules May Lower 5G Network Costs for Verizon and AT&T
- AT&T, ONF Mash Acronyms in Support of Software Control Over Networks