VMware Investor Strikes Back Against Dell Technologies Reverse Merger Talk — Red Hat, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk, Tanium, and Rubrik are better acquisition targets, the investor group says.
Trump Kills Broadcom’s Takeover Big for Qualcomm — The President’s order cited “credible evidence” that the takeover would be a security risk to the U.S.
ONF Launches New Open Source SDN Switching Platform — Stratum — Google pines for a truly programmable data plane.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
GTT acquired Accelerated Connections, a Canadian managed networking provider.
resin.io added support for running multiple containers on the newest version of its platform.
Nokia expanded its in-home WiFi service with new capabilities, a mobile app for network intelligence, and a home portal for service providers.
Palo Alto Networks entered an agreement to acquire Evident.io, a cloud infrastructure security company for $300 million in cash.
Vodafone Ireland launched a mobile security platform built on Asavie’s cloud-based, self-service platform Moda.
A new worldwide semiannual mobility spending guide from IDC showed that spending on mobility solutions is expected to grow 3.2 percent year-over-year in 2018.
ZTE reported a full-year revenue of $17.22 billion in 2017, a growth of 7.5 percent from the previous year.
ParkMyCloud released SmartParking — its platform for automating cloud cost optimization — for Microsoft Azure.
IP Infusion will demonstrate its network operating system for white box at the Open Compute Project Summit next week.
Mojo Networks and Edgecore Networks partnered to deploy an open WiFi network during the upcoming OCP U.S. Summit next week.
Telia Carrier and Coriant jointly completed a live field trial of fiber capacity with real-time optical performance awareness.
Ensono, a hybrid IT service provider, acquired Wipro’s hosted data center services business for $405 million.
Luminate Security secured $14 million in a series A and seed funding round.
The Greece-based research and technology network Grnet completed a joint field trial with Adva’s CloudConnect and TIP’s Voyager white box solution.
Cloud security company Netskope extended its infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) security platform to include continuous security assessment and monitoring capabilities.
Security provider CyberArk acquired Vaultive, a cloud security provider.
Qatar communications company Ooredoo partnered with Software AG to further Software AG’s IoT platform.
A Czech Republic Internet service provider replaced its Brocade routers with network software company 6Wind’s turbo router.
FatPipe Networks and Lepton collaborated to optimize SD-WAN over satellite for VSAT customers.
Alten Calsoft Labs debuted a next-generation vBRAS framework, designed for addressing problems associated with cloud deployment, scalability, and throughput.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Sedona Systems Unveils Hierarchical SDN Controller
- Cybersecurity: Where the Women Aren’t
- Verizon and Colt Use SDN Orchestration to Control Each Other’s Networks
- IBM Cloud Security Beefs Up Protection for Apps, Containers
- Why Do We Need the Virtual Central Office When We Already Have CORD?
- Univa Taps Open Source Community to Bolster Enterprise HPC
- NetScout Extends Service Assurance to VMware, WiFi Infrastructures
- Cloudian Acquires SD-Storage Pioneer Infinity Storage
- IBM Trumps Cloud Rivals With Managed Kubernetes on Bare Metal
- Global ISP Cogent Deploys Kentik to Automate Traffic Engineering
- Pivot3, VMware Edge HCI Pushes Hyperconverged to Remote Offices
- Mesosphere Strikes First Reseller Deal With Portworx
- AT&T Sticking With LTE-M Technology for IoT
- SolarWinds Deepens Visibility Into All-Flash Arrays
- Hyperconverged Secondary Storage or Cloud Data Management? It’s a Hot Market Regardless
- Aryaka’s Global Network Provides Unique SD-WAN Security
- Equinix Moves Into Cloud Security With Key Management, Encryption Service
- Apstra Scores Major Customer Win With Yahoo Japan
- Hub One Selects Versa to Offer SD-WAN, SD-Security to Enterprises
- Google Targets Online Gaming With Kubernetes-Powered Agones Project
- Security Startup BioCatch Closes $30M Funding Round for ‘Behavioral Biometrics’
- InfoVista Builds Application-Centric SD-WAN With Two Partnerships
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — March 12, 2018
- Sprint Slashes 500 Jobs in Move to Divert Spend to Networks, Sales
- Broadcom Accelerates Move Back to U.S. as Part of Qualcomm Quest
- AT&T Touts Cross-Vendor OpenROADM Success
- Nutanix’s Second Acquisition This Month Is Cloud App Monitoring Startup Netsil