Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Verizon released a software-defined secure branch solution delivered through its Versa-based SD-WAN. It also launched its threat intelligence platform subscription-based service delivered via its Anomali Threat Platform.
Microsoft deployed an undersea data center near the Northern Isles of Scotland.
Google released beta availability of sole-tenant nodes on the Google Compute Engine.
T-Mobile also expanded its 600 MHz-based extended range LTE coverage to 900 cities and towns and said it would bring it to Puerto Rico in the fall.
Broadband service provider Greenlight Networks deployed Nokia’s next-generation fiber technology for its New York customers.
The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) integrated Enea’s user space IP stack into its 5G base station design.
Enea released version 2.0 of its virtualization platform for universal CPE (uCPE).
NTT Data Services submitted three automation technologies for robotic process automation (RPA) services patents.
Debugging company Rookout launched a production debugger for AWS Lambda, which is AWS’ serverless computing platform.
Symantec added endpoint protection, isolation technology, and software-defined cloud services to its integrated Cyber Defense Platform.
IoT security provider Bullguard debuted an intelligent IoT vulnerability scanner on its Dojo platform for communication service providers.
IoT company myDevices launched IoT in a Box, a turnkey remote monitoring product.
Cloud native security company Alcide integrated its platform with Amazon EKS.
NetBrain released general availability of version 7.1 of its network automation platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Data Center Server Buyers Choose White Box Over Dell EMC, IHS Says
- Linux Foundation Acknowledges Concerns About Microsoft’s Purchase of GitHub
- Vodafone Optical Trials With Ciena Hit 400 Gb/s Over a Single Wavelength
- BT Axes Top Exec Gavin Patterson
- LiveAction Acquires Packet Monitoring Software Provider Savvius
- Vestberg Will Replace Lowell McAdam as Verizon CEO
- The $449M Price VMware Pais for VeloCloud Could Be Misleading
- AT&T Selects Nokia’s WING Platform for Enterprise IoT
- Cisco Says VPNFilter Attacks Bigger and Badder Than Originally Thought
- ZTE to Pay $1B Fine, But Qualcomm Set to Benefit Most
- BT SD-WAN Gets a Leg Up With Cisco-Viptela Tech
- VMware Cloud on AWS Adds Frankfurt Region, Hybrid Cloud Starter Version
- Former Qualcomm Chairman Paul Jacobs Launches a 5G Startup Called XCOM
- Martello Sells $7.5 Million in Private Shares, Preps Its SD-WAN for What’s Next
- Cisco Invests in Avi Networks Series D and Resells Avi’s Technology
- Cowen Says Red Hat, Microsoft Will Be Winners in Containers, VMware Not So Much
- Fortinet Buys Bradford Networks, Adds Machine Learning to Its Web Application Firewall
- Trilogy Networks Wants to End Operator Silos
- Riverbed Unifies End-User Monitoring and APM for Flexible Monitoring Structure
- CA Technologies Rolls Out Cloud Partnership With IBM, Application Security Update
- Dell Technologies Claims Server Kind Status, Posts Surging Q1 2019 Revenue
- Colorado Will Be First With C-V2X Vehicle Deployment
- PacketFabric Extends Its Software-Defined Network Across the Pond
- Microsoft’s GitHub Mega-Deal Draws Scenarios, Barbs
- Dell’Oro: Ericsson Beats Huawei, Cisco as No. 1 NFV EPC Vendor
- Arista’s New Switch Features Barefoot’s Programmable Tofino Chip
- OutSystems Raises $360M to Expand Low-Code Development Platform
- Amazon, Google Vulnerable to Zip Slip, Says Snyk Security Research
- Druva Buys CloudRanger, Grows Its AWS-Native Backup and Disaster Recovery Tech
- Microsoft Bets Billions On Open Source Developers With $7.5B GitHub Buy
- Palo Alto Networks Replaces CEO With Former Google Exec Nikes Arora
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone Make NB-IoT Roaming a Reality in Europe
- HPE Sells Software-Defined Story, Updates OneView and OneSphere
- VMware’s Future Is Networking, CEO Pat Gelsinger Says
- Helm Breaks Free From Kubernetes Project, Joins CNCF