Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you this week:
Tintri’s slide into oblivion accelerated this week as the cloud storage vendor cut most of its
workforce. In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Tintri reported that its board of directors approved slashing about 200 jobs in an attempt to preserve cash. The move leaves the company with between 40 and 50 employees. The Register reported that CEO Thomas Barton recently left over a dispute with the board regarding a possible sale of the company. Tintri’s website does not currently show a CEO, with CTO and co-founder Kieran Harty listed as its highest ranking executive.
AT&T acquired AppNexus, a cloud-based advertising software company, for an estimated $1.6 billion.
IEEE adopted the OpenFog Consortium’s Reference Architecture for fog computing as an official standard.
Oracle debuted a digital learning platform with modules, learning paths, tutorials, and instructions for Oracle Cloud applications.
Tencent was named a platinum member of The Linux Foundation.
Nokia is partnering with French network service provider e-Qual to bring Nokia’s Nuage Networks SD-WAN to 60 countries in e-Qual’s network.
Open source blockchain group Hyperledger named 11 new members.
Calix updated its Support Cloud and Marketing Cloud with new analytics features.
CA Technologies released a new version of its automation platform that incorporated CA Jarvis for analytics.
Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute and Fu Huake Precision Industry jointly demonstrated 5G and 8K video streaming.
NTT Communications joined VMware’s cloud verified service.
Edge computing company Vasona Networks partnered with F5 to power virtual MEC deployments for mobile operators.
Ribbon Communications acquired network edge orchestration company Edgewater Networks.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) native security provider Cloud Daddy added its secure backup to the AWS Marketplace.
ParkMyCloud added support for Alibaba Cloud.
Virtual Instruments launched a cloud migration readiness service.
LightRiver Software expanded its Red Hat Linux Server features to include dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) and Ethernet visibility.
Metal-cutting and manufacturing company Makino selected Aryaka for its SD-WAN.
LogicMonitor and Terraform integrated their products to manage hybrid IT infrastructure.
Suse released a new version of its Linux Enterprise platform for software-defined infrastructure.
Security provider SonicWall expanded its Capture Cloud platform to deliver integrated cloud-scale management and end-to-end security.
Zscaler added new SD-WAN and security partners and named new API integrations within its partner ecosystem.
Masergy launched its global unified communication-as-a-service (uCaaS) Masergy Connect.
Lenovo, China Mobile, Xilinx, Radisys and Napatech jointly demonstrated cloud-RAN that supports full decoupling of software and hardware.
Auto racing company Formula 1 deployed AWS for cloud and machine learning.
Continuous delivery and orchestration company Electric Cloud debuted a predictive analytics platform.
LightStep added capabilities to its [x]PM monitoring platform for microservices deployments.
Edge provider Zededa is providing early access to its cloud-native platform for edge applications.
Affirmed Networks demonstrated that its virtualized evolved packet core (vEPC) could deliver 150 Gb/s of throughput on an Intel Xeon Scalable processor-based server.
UK Accountant firm Mazars deployed Silver Peak SD-WAN to connect its offices and cloud. It reduced bandwidth traffic by 40 percent after deployment.
Interxion released general availability of its encryption key management technology.
Service provider Epsilon partnered with Chinese connectivity provider DCConnect to connect its SDN platforms for network orchestration.
Commvault and Lucidworks will collaborate on bringing AI to the data backup and protection market.
Pure Storage released availability of its container storage-as-a-service orchestrator.
Envoy Data Corporation added Array Networks’ Functions platform, including HCI, to its portfolio of products for resale.
Aricent added support for Intel’s FlexRAN reference architecture. It will integrate its 5G framework with Intel FlexRAN.
A Tier-1 U.S.-based internet provider will use Silicom’s 200G switch-on-a-NIC card in its infrastructure for SD-WAN.
Keysight Technologies collaborated with MediaTek on 5G New Radio (NR) chipset development and will test 5G NR protocol stacks.
Edgeworx Solutions will offer Edge Intelligence’s distributed analytics platform to service providers in Canada.
NGINX released general availability of the NGINX controller, which is part of its Application Platform.
Managed services provider C Spire acquired TekLinks.
Extreme Networks named a number of customers in the education industry that are using its software for network management, analytics, and security.
Security simulation and detection company Cyberbit released a new version of its operational technology security platform with real-time asset information and mapping.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- PKS Remains a Cross-Selling Tool for VMware, Pivotal
- Ericsson Teams With SD-WAN Startup Mode to Build an SD-Core Network
- Security Startup Preempt Closes $17.5M Series B, Scores ClearSky, Blackstone, and Intel Funding
- ZTE Replaces Its Chairman and Entire Board of Directors
- Bharti Airtel’s Chairman Sees 5G Slicing as a Solution to Net Neutrality Debate
- San Francisco 49ers Go With Datrium for Data Center Win
- O-RAN Alliance Snares 7 New Operator Members
- New Report Details Future Disruptions of Edge Computing
- Jask Raises $25M Series B Funding for Autonomous Security Platform
- Ciena’s Blue Planet Dynamically Connects to a Variety of Clouds
- Codefresh Kubernetes-Native CI/CD Platform Lures Microsoft Cash
- Qualcomm’s Edge Platform Will Upgrade IoT Modules
- Deutsche Telekom Demonstrates 5G Network Architecture With Third-Party VNFs
- GitLab Ditches Microsoft Azure for Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Google Becomes Platinum Member of The Linux Foundation
- Dell, VMware Still Dominate HCI Charts, Says IDC
- FOX Networks Trials Barefoot Networks’ Tofino Programmable Chip
- DevOps Players CloudBees, Puppet Score $100M in Funds
- Comcast machineQ Brings IoT to Golf Courses, Mines, and Wines
- Coriant’s White Box Platform Is a Good Fit for 5G But Overkill for Data Centers
- TIP Members Vodafone, Telefónica to Issue OpenRAN RFIs
- Pulse Secure Elevates vADC Assets to Google Cloud
- Extreme Networks ‘Puts a Brain’ on Top of Wireless, Wired Networks
- VMware Kubernetes Engine SaaS Battles Deployment Complexity
- Ping Identity Buys API Security Startup Elastic Beam
- Google Cloud Adds Fifth U.S. Region, Launches Managed NAS Service
- Silver Peak Raises $90M From TCV to Accelerate SD-WAN Growth
- AWS Maintains Total Cloud Market Dominance Over Microsoft, Google
- Opanga Streamlines Traffic by Using Machine Learning in the Network Core
- Is DevSecOps the Answer to Securing the Hybrid Cloud?
- OpenSwitch Takes Networking on the Same Disaggregation Journey That Servers Took
- Pulumi Bridges Code Gap for Cloud, Containers, Serverless
- GitLab Pushes Kubernetes-Based Update for Auto DevOps