Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The Federal Communications Commission officially repealed net neutrality.
AT&T completed its acquisition of Time Warner.
Vodafone Qatar and Nokia completed a 5G test call on Vodafone Qatar’s core network with Nokia virtualized applications. Nokia also finished an end-to-end 5G new radio data call with the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
IT consulting company Wipro won a multi-year deal to design, digitize, and run Nokia’s sales order management operations.
EU-funded iCIRRUS project, alongside Telekom Slovenia and Fraunhofer HHI, demonstrated 2.5 Gb/s mm radio communication for 5G with Ethernet-based fronthaul.
Sysdig also released the beta version 2.0 of its open sourced Sysdig Secure platform.
Network monitoring company cPacket Networks virtualized cClear, its network performance dashboard and distributed data collectors.
Qualys launched a Cloud App to build security into container deployments.
SAP security provider Virtual Forge updated its cloud-based security platform to include third-party application scanning.
Network security company Untangle updated its next generation firewall software to support SD-WAN.
Software provider NI and NanoSemi will collaborate on a 5G power amplifier test.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription management startup Chargebee released a suite of business intelligence dashboards for subscription-based companies.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- San Jose to Benefit From AT&T Vs. Verizon 5G Battle
- Telco Systems Co-Develops ARM-Based Universal CPE
- Broadcom Cuts 1,100 Employees, Blames Brocade Acquisition
- Schneider Electric Saves $60K Using Cohesity SD-Storage
- Huawei and InfoVista Partner to Improve SD-WAN User Experience
- New ‘Lazy FPU’ Chip Flaw Hits Intel Processors
- 3GPP Hits Another 5G Milestone by Approving 5G SA
- Veea Snaps Up MEX Platform Provider Virtuosys to Boost IoT Play
- Versa Networks Has Sold 150,000 Licenses for Its SD-WAN
- CA Technologies and Ixia Decrease Complexity of Monitoring Cisco ACI, SD-WAN, Cloud
- Oracle Sets Internet Map Free, Uses It to Pull Companies Into Its Cloud
- Docker Corrals Kubernetes Growth Across AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Cisco Claims 800-Plus SD-WAN Customers Post Viptela Acquisition
- AppViewX Names Former Cedexis Chief Executive Ryan Windham as CEO
- Rubrik Wraps Its Data Management Software Around Hybrid Cloud
- AT&T Prevails in Court Case to Acquire Time Warner
- Juniper Updates MX Routers With New Silicon, Built-In Encryption
- VMware Releases NFV for OpenStack Specifically Tuned for Telcos
- Cisco Expands Its Intent-Based Networking by Opening Its API Doors to Third Parties
- ONAP’s Second Code Release, Beijing, Enables the Software to Use Kubernetes
- Resin.io Scores Funds, Deal With KDDI’s Soracom IoT Biz
- Cisco: We’re Still Open to the Ericsson Partnership
- Silver Peak Focuses on Segmentation and SD-WAN Security
- Nyansa Illuminates Network Blind Spots With Client and WAN Data Sources
- Splunk Buys VictorOps for $120 Million, Boosts DevOps Play
- Cisco’s Robbins: Cloud, Containers Will Play Prominent Role in Networking’s Future
- 5 Things You Should Know About VMware
- A10 Throws Kubernetes Load Balancing Analytics Into ADC Platform
- Aviatrix Challenges Cisco, VMware With Public Cloud Networking Service
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — June 11, 2018
- Deutsche Telekom Creates Blockchain App to Protect Mobile Phone Data
- Cisco, HPE Invest in Cohesity’s $250 Million Series D
- SevOne Supports Move From MPLS to SD-WAN With New Monitoring Tool