Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Ericsson and Singtel will launch a 5G pilot network in Singapore by the fourth quarter of this year.
Dell EMC released version 4.4 of Dell EMC Unity with array-based replication with MetroSync for File.
HPE updated its data storage management software, HPE 3PAR, with new predictive support automation.
Digital Realty added IBM Cloud direct connections in 15 global metropolitan areas.
Twistlock added support for binary authorization for Google Kubernetes Engine.
Zerocode Technology will resell Splice Machine’s data warehouse and machine learning platform in China.
Cohesity released its DataPlatform cloud edition on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for backup and recovery of applications.
Teneo leveraged Riverbed technology to launch a software service so users can monitor mission-critical applications.
Qualys Malware Research Labs released a chrome extension to detect and block cryptojacking attempts.
Rackspace launched its customer reliability engineering program and managed security platform for GCP.
Netscout’s real-time network performance and data is now part of IBM’s Analytics offering.
IDC reported that smart city initiatives will attract more than $81 billion in investments in 2018.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, will acquire cloud systems integrator Rean Cloud.
Micro Focus launched general availability of its artificial intelligence (AI) platform IDOL 12, which simplifies GDPR compliance and data privacy protection.
University of Illinois deployed Cradlepoint wireless branch network technologies for theater connectivity.
Sumo Logic released 11 new GCP applications and an integration with Google Cloud’s open source machine learning library.
Druva integrated its product offerings to create a data management software service with a single point of management.
Open source task PowerShell Core from Microsoft launched on Linux as a Snap.
Data center company Cologix will open a data center in Vancouver. This will be its third.
Software company Blue Medora added support on GCP and Alibaba Cloud for its monitoring integration-as-a-service.
Pulse Secure released version 9.0 with a VPN-integrated path to network access control.
Cloud computing startup Rescale raised $32 million in its Series B round of funding.
Kentik launched a network analytics product for GCP to optimize network performance, security, and user experience.
Threat hunting company Bricata released a new version of its flagship product on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and support for VMware and Linux.
Security provider MobileIron integrated its endpoint management product with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
Security provider Insight Engines released version 3.0 of threat detection platform.
Vonage integrated its API platform with Google Cloud’s Contact Center AI.
RedLock updated its Cloud 360 platform with deeper integrations with GCP.
Israeli-based security company Toka raised $12.5 million in its seed round.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Imperva Acquires Application Security Vendor Prevoty for $140M
- Defense Department’s $10B Cloud Contract Is Up for Grabs
- AWS Cloud Dominance Bolstered With Robust Q2
- Juniper Grows Software Biz in Q2, Posts 8% Net Revenue Decline
- xRAN Forum Releases More Specs to Make Interoperable RAN Possible
- Is Edge Becoming as Commonplace as the Cloud?
- 5G, Broadband to Drive $75B Optical Transport Spend, Dell’Oro Says
- Nation-States, Criminals Increasing Attacks on ERP Systems, DHS Warns
- Former Equinix Exec Ihab Tarazi Emerges at Packet With a Plan for the Edge
- Nokia Stock Sags on Q2 Results, Market Share Concerns at Verizon
- Tenable Could Raise $288M, Making It Largest Security IPO in 5 Years
- Qualcomm Nixes $44B NXP Acquisition
- Rubrik’s Radar Tackles Ransomware With Machine Learning
- Windstream Takes Its SD-WAN to the Virtual Edge
- Knative to Unify Serverless, but Twitter Debate Rages
- Security Startups LoginRadius and Siemplify Score Millions More in Funding
- EdgeX Foundry Adds Security to IoT Open Source Software
- AllCloud Puts Money, Actions Behind North American Push
- Google Cloud CEO: Enterprise Table Stakes and Cutting Edge
- James Feger Ditches CenturyLink for F5 Networks
- Verizon, AT&T Reveal Additional 5G Launch Markets
- CableLabs Snaps Kubernetes Into Its NFV, SDN Platform Stack
- Gigamon Dives Deeper Into Security Space With Icebrg Acquisition
- Juniper Networks Infuses 400GbE Across Its Portfolio
- Infinera Acquires Optical Transport Rival Coriant for $430M
- Catchpoint Cuts Through the Layers of the Network Onion
- IBM-Led Nabla Container Platform Touts Isolation for Its Security Posture
- Xage Scores $12M Series A for Blockchain-Based IoT Security
- Cisco, Ciena, Huawei, and Nokia Lead Optical Vendors, IHS Says