Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
The End of Larry Vs. Amazon? AWS Looking to Dump Oracle, Report Says — Salesforce also wants to say “Sayonara” to Oracle software.
AT&T Plans to Launch Mobile 5G in 12 Markets This Year — Its mobile 5G service will be based on the new 3GPP non-standalone 5G NR standard.
The Brocade Sale Concludes a Year-Long Shopping Frenzy — It began and ended with dramatic decisions by Broadcom.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai cancelled his appearance at next week’s CES conference after death threats.
Radisys closed a $17 million financing round with Hale Capital Partners and entered a $20 million asset-backed line of credit with Marquette Business Credit.
Mavenir acquired the mobile data company Aquto.
AlgoSec, a cybersecurity management company, secured a $36 million investment from Claridge IL.
Mellanox debuted its BlueField system-on-chip platforms and its SmartNIC adapters.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered the past two weeks:
- Google, Microsoft, AWS Scramble to Limit Impact from CPU Security Bugs
- SDxCentral’s Top 10 Articles — December 2017
- Candy.com Sweetens Business with Dell Boomi
- Twistlock Ties Container and Serverless Security Into a Single Platform
- Microsoft Buys Hybrid Cloud Storage Firm Avere Systems
- Zayo Enters SD-WAN Market With Flexible Offering
- Verizon Picks Samsung 5G Gear for its First U.S. Market
- They Said That? Top Quotes and Quips of 2017
- Windstream Swallows MassComm in Move to Bolster SD-WAN Reach
- SDxCentral’s Top 10 Articles of 2017
- Dear Santa, Here’s What SDxCentral Editors Want for Christmas
- Unraveling the MEC Standards Puzzle
- Serverless Computing Strides in 2017 Set the Table for a Strong 2018
- Joyent Partners with LunchBadger to Bridge Containers and Serverless
- The Biggest Personnel Changes of 2017
- Bloomberg Using Kubernetes to Test Kubernetes Deployments
- From Trials to Use Cases — The Top 5G Developments in 2017
- 5 Biggest HCI Movers and Shakers in 2017
- Alibaba Cloud Gears Up for ‘Serious Combat’ Against AWS in 2018
- NFV Creeps into Networks in Different Ways
- How Kubernetes Conquered 2017 (and is Positioned for 2018)