Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
Verizon to Use KSI Blockchain Technology Developed for Estonia — Verizon is planning to offer blockchain services for enterprises.
Cisco Breaks its Revenue Losing Streak, Repatriates $66B in Overseas Cash — The company’s intent-based networking is doing quite well.
Qualcomm Takes its Chip Expertise to the Edge — Qualcomm’s edge software aims to secure and manage IoT devices.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Qualcomm’s senior management team and board of directors met with Broadcom to discuss Broadcom’s intent to purchase Qualcomm.
Google released a beta version of its Cloud TPUs, which are optimized Google hardware accelerators for machine learning workloads.
Huawei will release a full series of massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) products at Mobile World Congress 2018.
Alaskan-based telco provider GCI launched a cloud-based software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) service.
ZeroStack opened a new office in Singapore.
SD-WAN provider Versa Networks added its cloud IP platform software to network edge virtualization provider RAD’s virtual CPE toolbox.
Hyperscale networking solutions supplier Coriant entered into a partnership with New H3C Group (HPE and Unigroup), a Chinese information and communications technology provider to drive digital transformation in China.
Quortus will collaborate with e-BO Enterprises to enable LTE voice and data for offshore wind farms via Quortus’ edge technology.
Veriflow launched a partner program for its continuous network verification platform.
Hyperconverged company Pivot3 said its sales increased 65 percent in 2017 from the first half to the second half of the year.
Security startup Infocyte secured $5.2 million in a Series B round and named Curtis Hutcheson CEO.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Verizon SD-WLAN Service Taps AI-Driven Bluetooth Capabilities
- Strong Results and Legal Win Not Enough for Arista Investors
- VMware Buys Cloud Security Startup CloudCoreo
- Google Pays $50M for IoT Firm Xively
- Cisco Gives Cloud-Based Endpoint Security Products an MSSP Makeover
- Equinix Pays $800M for Interconnection Hub, Posts $4.4B in 2017 Revenue
- ZTE, Huawei Fight Back Against Attempts to Block U.S. Sales
- Oracle Acquires DDoS Mitigation and Security Startup Zenedge
- Ciena Networking Updates Bridge Gap to 5G
- Juniper’s Multi-Cloud Push Begins with Multi-Connectivity
- CNCF Serverless Working Group Unloads First Batch of Data
- SaltStack Scores $15.5M Series A to Bolster Intelligent Orchestration Software
- Cohesity Adds File, Object SD-Storage to Data Backup Platform
- AT&T Macro-Sizes its Microservices Supplier Program
- HPE Leads Data Center Server Market, IHS Says
- AI and Rules Drive Deepfence App-Focused Container Security
- Cradlepoint Brings SD-WAN to LTE Networks for First Responders, Fleets
- Dell EMC Lets Enterprises Mix and Match Storage with Cisco Compute
- Cloud Security Alliance Puts ERP Applications in its Crosshairs
- CommScope Virtualizes the Baseband Radio for In-Building Wireless
- Virtuosys Meshes Software with Hardware for MEC Platform
- Oracle Quadruples Cloud Data Center Footprint
- Citrix Acquires Cedexis to Improve App Performance in Hybrid Clouds
- Viavi Will Help China Mobile on FlexE Slicing Packet Network
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — February 12, 2018