Silver Peak Could Be the Next Big SD-WAN Acquisition Target — According to research from IHS Markit, software-defined wide-area networking (SD-WAN) software revenue is up 2.8 times year-over-year.
OpenStack Launches Open Source ‘Kata Containers’ Project — The goal of the project is to unite the security advantages of virtual machines with the speed and manageability of containers.
Barefoot Networks Plunges Into Network Monitoring — The new system leverages the Tofino programmable switch chip along with analytics software.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
AT&T partnered with AWS to introduce a number of new Internet of Things (IoT) assets, including an LTE-M button and certificates on SIM.
Oracle released the most recent version of Flexcube, its flagship core banking application, with new blockchain and machine learning adapters.
A cloud-native data management company, Kasten, released its first platform, K10, to build, deploy, and manage containerized applications.
Portworx, which runs stateful containers, says the newest release of its PX-Enterprise software can run Red Hat’s OpenShift container platform and Google Container Engine (GKE).
A new report from IDC forecasts that “whole cloud” revenue will reach $554 billion in 2021.
Database monitoring company, Influx Data added support for Kubernetes auto-scaling on the most recent version of its open source platform.
SD-WAN provider Bigleaf Networks upgraded its cloud-access network with a new speed package.
The security company Preempt expanded its product suite with a new adaptive threat prevention platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Cisco to Buy Cmpute.io, Acquiring Yet Another Cloud Cost Comparison Tool
- Arista’s Got its Eye on the Router Market with its EOS 4.20
- Juniper: Send in the Bots for Network Peering, Testing
- VMware, Servers Boost Dell Technologies Q3 Fiscal 2018 Earnings
- Cloudify Delivers Cross-Cloud Functionality with Kubernetes Plugin
- IHS: Carrier Spending on NFV Will Top $37B in 2021
- VMware and Carbon Black Join Forces, Tackle Data Center Security
- Revenue at the IoT Edge Will Jump 81% in 2018, Study Says
- Why Liberty Mutual Made the ‘Radical’ Move to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Oracle Open Sources Serverless, Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Tools
- Viavi Network Intelligence Platform Provides Real-Time Analytics, Optimization
- Telstra Tests Network Slicing Today to Prep for 5G Tomorrow
- Telefónica Works With Juniper to Monitor its Networks in Spain
- Cisco Exec Says Enterprises Need Help Navigating Multi-Cloud World
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Shows Love for Serverless, Containers
- CoreOS Adds Latest Kubernetes Release, Open Source Model to Tetonic
- SDxCentral’s Top 10 Articles — November 2017
- VMware Adds Cloud Management Tools to SDDC Platform
- Equinix Cloud Service Taps SDN to Directly Connect ‘Everyone, Everywhere’
- Netsia’s Platform Lets Operators Slice and Dice the RAN
- Bitnami Launches Open Source In-Cluster Kubernetes App Environment
- The Largest Rounds of Funding in 2017, So Far
- VMware Will Use VeloCloud to ‘Stretch NSX Everywhere’
- AWS Tempts Community With Updates to Lambda Serverless Platform
- Nutanix CEO Turns to Open Source Software for Hybrid Cloud Stack