Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
Mavenir Plots Virtual Powerhouse With Brocade’s vEPC Assets — The company is also positioning itself as a leader in C-RAN.
AWS Jumps on Managed Kubernetes Train with EKS — Reports surfaced over the summer that AWS was threatened by the container services’ popularity.
Verizon Enterprise Launches Bundled VNS Pricing Scheme — Verizon is also focusing on WAN optimization and plans to integrate unified communications in VNS.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
SK Telecom developed new 5G relay technologies.
Mavenir launched its virtualized network slicing suite for applications, core, and radio.
AWS issued a slew of announcements at its re-Invent conference. It announced new features for its marketplace to simplify the purchase and deployment of third-party software; PrivateLink to access third-party software-as-a-service applications; DeepLens, a deep learning video camera for developers; six new services and capabilities for IoT; Sumerian, a developer platform for virtual reality and 3D; and a threat detection service named GuardDuty.
Zayo, a communications infrastructure provider, will acquire Spread Networks, a private telecom provider, for $127 million in a cash offer.
ABB, a Swiss electrical equipment provider, partnered with HPE to combine the former’s digital offering with HPE’s hybrid IT solutions.
Security software company RedLock’s cloud platform now provides integration with AWS’ GuardDuty, its threat detection service.
Italtel launched a program for startups and new businesses to collaborate with the telecom company and leverage emerging technologies.
Sumitomo Chemical, a Japanese chemical company, deployed NEC’s software-defined networking (SDN) at one of its facilities.
Casa Systems filed an S1 indicating its intent to raise $150 million in an Initial Public Offering. The company makes cable modem termination equipment but has gotten involved with Remote PHY for cable network virtualization.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Rancher Labs Deeps Kubernetes Support With New Installer
- Intel’s Data Center Chief Diane Bryant Moves to Google Cloud
- Nuage Virtual Services Platform Supports Fujitsu’s Expansion of its Cloud Service
- Dell EMC Moves Hyperconverged Appliances onto Next-Gen Servers
- Verizon Will Light Up Fixed 5G in 3 to 5 Markets in 2018
- AWS Introduces Machine Learning Service — SageMaker
- SK Telecom Deploys 5G-PON in 10% of its Network
- CloudPassage Bolsters Container Security as Market Adjusts to Growth
- Microsoft Runs SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud on Azure
- A Blockchain Service Built on Oracle Cloud Expedites Loan Processing
- Google Eliminates All GKE Management Fees for Kubernetes Clusters
- Cavirin Favors Docker, AWS with Latest Security Updates
- 5G Networks Will be Live in 2019, According to Ericsson
- Aporeto’s Cloud Security Product Decouples Security from the Network
- VMware Cloud on AWS Covers US, Adds Live Migration and Disaster Recovery
- HPE Debuts OneSphere Hybrid Cloud Management Tool
- Payment Firm Ingenico Uses SD-WAN to Overhaul Network
- McAfee Buys Cloud Access Security Broker Skyhigh
- Sumo Logic Uses Analytics to Dig Deeper into Kubernetes Management
- VeloCloud Uses SD-WAN Principles for Outcome-Driven Networking
- Facebook, Google, IBM, Red Hat Strengthen Open Source License Protection
- Resin.io Says Containers Are a Perfect Management Platform for IoT
- BT’s Neil Sutton Views Global Scale, Security as Cloud Challenges
- HPE Server Sales Drop in Q4 Fiscal 2017
- EnterpriseWeb Uses Metadata for VNF Onboarding
- Meg Whitman Will Leave HPE in February
- Talari Hires New CEO, Moves to 100% Channel Model
- Kubernetes to Power AT&T’s Next-Gen Integrated Cloud
- Palo Alto Takes Share From Cisco, Check Point, Sees Revenue Grows 27% in Fiscal 1Q
- Capital One Critical Stack Targets Container Security
- VMware Plans to Pilot Blockchain Technology in 2018
- OVH Bursts into US Market with Dedicated Private Cloud
- InfoSight Moves HPE Closer to Autonomous Data Center
- AT&T Wants White Box Routers with an Open Operating System
- Marvell Buys Cavium in $6B Cash and Stock Deal
- Is Kubernetes Key to Democratizing Enterprise Big Data?
- ONAP Rolls Out Amsterdam Release
- 7 Things to Know About the Changing Security Landscape