Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Red Hat introduced an infrastructure migration solution to help enterprises speed innovation through cloud-native and container-based technologies.
AT&T completed its acquisition of AlienVault.
BT, the Telecom Infra Project (TIP), and Facebook launched a competition for telecom infrastructure startups to join the TIP Ecosystem Acceleration Centre.
EdgeConneX opened an Edge Data Center campus in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) updated its hybrid cloud management platform to enable container-based applications in private VMware-based clouds.
VMware updated its Cloud Provider Platform to enable its partners to expand multi-cloud services and modernize VMware-based clouds.
Telecommunications operator Zain Iraq chose Ericsson to upgrade its radio access network.
Alibaba Cloud and ABC Data will distribute cloud computing products and services in Central and Eastern Europe.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) launched its T3 instances for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
Ciena opened a new office in Tokyo.
ETSI released two specifications for attribute-based encryption.
DXC Technology is partnering with NFV provider EnterpriseWeb.
Morpheus Data announced updates to its next generation cloud management platform.
Pure Storage acquired StorReduce, which provides a software-defined storage platform for large scale unstructured data management.
Nepal internet service provider WorldLink deployed Juniper Networks networking products across its network.
Asia Pacific data center provider AirTrunk raised $850 million to expand its presence in Melbourne and Sydney.
OVHcloud launched a hyperconverged software-defined data center (SDDC) infrastructure offering that integrates VMware SDDC offerings on OVHcloud’s architecture.
Turbonomic updated its workload automation platform with Kubernetes-as-a-service offerings.
Datrium launched a data recovery orchestration software-as-a-service (SaaS) for VMware.
HiveIO released version 7.0 of its hyperconverged storage fabric.
JetStream Software released a cloud service for the delivery of data availability.
Drone.io added support for ARM architectures.
Software provider Gravity Supply Chain released its SaaS products on Microsoft Azure.
Managed services provider TPx selected Metaswitch to deliver cloud-based unified communications services with its virtualized session border controller.
ClearSky Data added support for VMware Cloud on AWS.
Dynatrace released a survey of its customers, which found that 52 percent use IoT devices and 64 percent have experienced performance issues.
Caveonix added its hybrid cloud workload protection platform to the VMware Cloud Provider Program.
Morpheus Data updated its cloud management platform with support SDN, multi-clouds, and configuration.
Maxta launched a pre-configured system of Red Hat’s virtualized software combined with Maxta hyperconverged software on Intel hardware.
Data management company StorageCraft released a converged data platform to eliminate storage and data protection silos.
Tibit Communications released a fully pluggable Optical Line Terminal for its network access device.
Super Micro Computer’s stock was suspended on Nasdaq’s Global Select Market.
Software engineering analytics startup Semmle raised $21 million in a Series B funding round.
Trend Micro added analytics capabilities to its network security platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Windmill Uses Blockchain to Solve IoT Security Issues
- Management of ISPs, Peering, China Firewall Cause Big Challenges for SD-WAN
- Array Networks Says Its the Nutanix of Private Cloud Networking and Security
- VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger: NSX Is the Standard for SDN
- Alibaba Cloud Revenue Grows 93% From Previous Year
- ZTE Ban Tanks Q2 Optical Networking Market
- Australia Bans Carriers from Using Huawei and ZTE Equipment for 5G
- Jeff McElfresh Will Oversee AT&T’s 5G Network Transition
- Mirantis CEO: ‘Choose Your Cloud’ Using Open Source
- Cisco Talos Smells a RAT
- Broadband Forum Creates an Open Source Project for Network Access Interoperability
- C3 IoT Partners With Google Cloud to Accelerate Joint AI and IoT Group
- Robin Systems Adds Kubernetes Layer for Big Data Storage Management
- HPE Scores Hybrid Cloud Win With Alibaba
- SD-WAN Sales Will Hit $2.2B by 2022, Dell’Oro Group Says
- SAP Kubernetes Efforts Focused On the ‘Big Bump’ Not ‘Propeller Heads’
- Cohesity’s Helios Uses Machine Learning to Manage Secondary Data
- Foundries.io Tightens Edge, IoT Integration to Boost Security
- Keysight Provides NTT DoCoMo With 5G Network Emulation for 5G NR Devices
- Arista Taps VMware, Zscaler to Create Consistent Cloud Security
- North America Will Be First With 5G, IHS Markit Survey Says
- Microsoft Foils Russian Security Threat, Seizes Fake Political Websites
- Akraino Edge Stack Project Hits Execution Stage
- Dell EMC Touts ‘Kinetic’ Composable Infrastructure in Infrastructure in VMworld Ramp Up
- Gaming Company Replaces Cisco, F5, and Juniper With XCloud Networks
- Nyansa Voyance Extends Monitoring to Aruba, Extreme Networks Wireless Systems
- SUSE Builds a Custom Linux Kernel to Boost Microsoft Azure Performance
- Open19 Data Centers Pick Up Steam
- Apstra Hires Former VeloCloud Exec, Tells Cisco to Bring It