Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Oracle open sourced GraphPipe, a protocol for serving machine learning models in the cloud.
Cohesity achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) storage competency for its cloud storage products.
Verizon and Nokia completed a 3GPP New Radio (NR) 5G signal to a receiver in a moving vehicle.
Nokia and China Mobile completed a 5G single user downlink test with peak throughput of 1.4 Gb/s.
Dell EMC released a 100GbE fabric switch for enterprise and service provider data centers.
Talend launched a bulk uploader for Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
IEE published a standard for OpenFog Reference Architecture for Fog Computing.
Alibaba Cloud and the National University of Singapore launched an incubator program.
Orange completed its acquisition Basefarm Holding.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and The Linux Foundation launched a forum, called the Academy Software Foundation, for open source developers in the motion picture and media industries.
Hi3G, a service provider in Denmark and Sweden, selected Ericsson to deploy 5G-ready routers over the next three years.
Tenable released version 5.7 of its vulnerability assessment and management platform with new integrations for Bomgar and Beyond Trust access management platforms.
AppViewX released version 12.4 of its network automation platform with low-code automation capabilities.
Excelero received an investment from Western Digital Capital, bringing its VC fund total to $35 million. Both Micron and Qualcomm have invested in the storage company.
A Japanese mobile carrier chose A10 Networks firewall for its 5G pilot network.
OpenMetrics, an open source project for metrics exposition, joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) sandbox.
Imperva completed its acquisition of runtime application company Prevoty.
Ukrainian mobile network operator lifecell chose NFV integrator Odine Solutions and Affirmed Networks 5G core and virtualized evolved packet core (vEPC) to build a virtualized LTE core network.
Array Networks released a new version of its hyperconverged appliances for running network and security virtual appliances AVX Network Functions Platforms.
AT&T completed its acquisition of AppNexus.
Pandora deployed Veriflow for intent verification in its multi-cloud environment.
Interxion added dedicated access to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) across the European footprint of its multi-cloud interconnection platform.
Indiana Office of Technology chose software-defined access company Safe-T for storage and security.
Platform.sh, an idea-to-cloud application platform startup, added an availability region in Canada.
Masergy added collaboration endpoints from Cisco 8880 and 6800 series routers to its unified communication-as-a-service (uCaaS).
Datadog released general availability of its service map on its application performance monitoring (APM) platform.
Network security cloud company OPAQ joined Palo Alto Networks managed security service provider partner (MSSP) program.
Alef Mobitech launched a Mobile Edge Computing platform in India.
International Cruise and Excursions deployed ExtraHop for visibility and performance analytics.
Self-service integration company SnapLogic added support for Mesosphere and integrated with GitHub to automate continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Samsung Take Advantage of 5G Disruption to Score US Carrier Deals
- Microsoft to Open Source Its Network Replication Software
- Google’s First Pre-Packaged AI Service Targets Enterprise Call Centers
- What Will Be the Real Impact From Knative?
- Classic Rock and Cloud-Native Attacks Collide at Black Hat
- Alibaba Cloud Eyes Expansion Into Southeast Asia With New Products, Partners
- India’s Idea Cellular Will Use Nokia’s Cloud Core
- Cisco’s Security Business, Service Provider Wins Propel Fiscal Q4 Results
- IoT Attacks Doubled in Two Months, Check Point Says
- F5 Networks’ VNF Manager Scales Capacity
- Dell Technologies, Others Invest $33M in Twistlock Series C
- GTT’s Internet-Based SD-WAN Gains Momentum From Acquisitions
- Verizon Will Bundle Apple TV, YouTube Into Fixed 5G Service
- Intel Discloses New Spectre-Like Bugs Called Foreshadow
- IBM Hackers, Cloud Security Alliance Take On IoT at Black Hat
- Exabeam Scores $50M From Lightspeed, Cisco, Security Investor Shlomo Kramer
- Cloudreach Snaps Up AWS Enterprise Partner Relus Cloud
- India’s Sify Technologies Deploys Cisco SD-WAN
- SD-WAN Startup’s Routing System Runs on Tech Created at Cornell University
- Cisco Says Its Open vRAN Alliance Is Behind the Latest xRAN Forum Spec
- Instana Tailors Its APM to Each Enterprise User
- Cisco Execs: Cryptomining, Election Security Threats Loom Large
- H3C Among Top Data Center Ethernet Switch Vendors, Says IHS Markit