Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
Red Hat Rides Containers, Kubernetes, Hybrid Cloud Into the Future — OpenShift, OpenStack, and Ansible were key drivers for 2018 results, with the impending acquisition of CoreOS set to bolster its container and Kubernetes position moving forward.
Intel Offloads Wind River to Investment Firm TPG — The deal ends Intel’s near decade-long ownership of Wind River. The embedded software firm will keep its existing management team when it’s independent.
Microsoft Pledges $5 Billion IoT, Edge Push — The $5 billion IoT and edge investment comes a week after a companywide reorganization that prioritizes cloud and edge products over Windows.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Telefónica partnered with Microsoft Azure to collaborate with Internet of Things (IoT) product integration, joint go-to-market strategies, and innovation.
Microsoft Azure opened up general availability of its Availability Zones for select regions in the U.S. and Europe.
IBM Security released its 2018 IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence Index, which showed a 25 percent drop in records breached in 2017 and more data on intelligence breaches.
IBM became a founding steward of The Sovrin Foundation’s network, which is working to maintain the group’s decentralized digital identity network.
Cisco and Colt Technology upgraded Colt’s packet network in Europe, U.S., and Asia.
AWS simple storage service (S3) launched one zone-infrequent access, a smaller storage option for data that is accessed infrequently.
B.Yond became a founding member of the LF Deep Learning Foundation, and launched its first project for sharing and developing AI models and workflows.
Sysdig certified its container intelligence platform for Red Hat’s OpenShift-based container platform.
ForeScout added new features to its device visibility platform that will provide IoT device assessment and flexible centralized licensing for enterprises.
Splice Machine launched cloud deployment containers for AWS.
Security company RiskSense and WhiteHat Security partnered to automate security risk assessment for web application.
ParkMyCloud released its cloud cost optimization engine on Google Cloud.
Cloud-based security company Qualys acquired mobility management company 1Mobility’s software assets.
Openwave Mobility launched Stratum, a 5G telco cloud database to allow operators to manage their cloud data.
Datrium shipped the newest release of its hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) software with support for Oracle RAC and virtual machine fault tolerance. It also added data and admin security.
SecurityFirst added a new object store agent and features to its data-centric security technology.
NGINX, open source project company, updated its application platform with new capabilities for the NGINX project as an API gateway, Kubernetes Ingress controller, and service mesh.
Container-based application-defined infrastructure provider Robin Systems’ cloud platform is certified to run on the containerized Hortonworks data platform.
Security Compass released the newest version of its policy-to-procedure platform, with new risk dashboards.
Digital security company Gemalto validated its external key management technology for the newest release of NetApp’s data management platform.
Data center and cloud security company Alcide released general availability of its data center and cloud operations security platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- OpenContrail Becomes Tungsten Fabric, Plans Next Release in May
- Apcela Gets to the Root of Problems With Enhanced Analytics Platform, SD-WAN API
- Aella Data Emerges From Stealth, Launches AI-Based Threat Detection
- IoTium Plugs Kubernetes Into IoT to Boost Edge Management
- Huawei Shoots Back at FCC Proposal That Threatens Its Rural Biz
- Etisalat Hires NEC/Netcracker as Prime Integrator for NFV Telco Cloud
- GitLab Integrates With Google to Smooth Kubernetes Deployments
- Indian Lending Exchange Runs Hyperledger Fabric in Production
- RSA Adds Security Orchestration, Automation to SIEM Platform
- Stackery Is Served New Funds, Adds Health Monitor for Serverless Apps
- Sigfox USA President Says Executive Departures Are Typical of Startups
- SWIM Dives Into the Competitive Edge, IoT Analytics Waters
- ARM Reaches Into the Data Center, Competes With Intel
- Apple Poaches Google AI Chief John Giannandrea
- Dell EMC, VMware Top HCI Hardware, Software Revenue Rankings
- China Mobile Partners With Aryaka For SD-WAN
- Rubrik Wants You to Write Data Management Apps on Its SaaS Platform
- Istio Keeps Digging Toward 1.0 GA Release
- Data Center Report Finds Cost Is Not the Big Driver for New Technology
- Mosaic NetworX Shortens Its SD-WAN Sales Process With Connected2Fiber
- Juniper Networks’ Security Strategy: Unify Everything, Keep it Open
- Lumina’s Flow Manager Handles White Boxes, MPLS, and BGP
- Extreme Networks Offers 60-Day Rolling Financing on Networking Products
- Multi-Cloud Orchestrator Morpheus Data Adds Alibaba Cloud, Cisco SDN Support
- Martello and Elfiq Networks Prove SD-WAN Via CENGN Project
- 4 Enterprise Container Deployment Mistakes to Avoid