Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, containers, cloud, and more:
China Mobile Selects Nokia for IP/Optical Transport Network — Nokia wins a 50-percent share of the multi-vendor deal with China Mobile.
Cisco Adds Tetration SaaS, Virtual Deployment Options — The company also launched an integrated data center security architecture that includes four Cisco products.
Pivotal Software Expects IPO to Raise up to $592M — The cloud-native software company said it will price 37 million Class A shares between $14 and $16 per share.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Amazon Web Services (AWS) partnered with Chinese cloud provider Quantum Cloud Future to create a cloud rendering service for the entertainment industry.
IBM released its newest cloud-ready mainframes based on a single-frame design.
Intel launched its field programmable gate array (FPGA) for mainstream applications in the data center.
Sprint and T-Mobile renewed talks of a merger for the third time in four years.
Martello, a Canadian SD-WAN and network performance provider, entered into a reverse takeover transaction with a shell company ahead of taking the company public.
Splunk closed its acquisition of Phantom Cyber Corporation in a $350 million cash offer.
Aricent launched an intent-based networking framework with self-learning capabilities for a number of environments.
NeuVector released version 2.0 of its Kubernetes security platform with enhanced incident response.
F5 launched an advanced web application firewall.
Fujitsu released its integrated system Primeflex for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct.
NGINX launched support of its application delivery and load balancing software for the IBM Cloud private platform.
ForeScout reached an agreement for consulting company KPMG to serve as a certified systems integrator of ForeScout’s solutions.
Tech Mahindra and Balbix partnered to launch an AI-powered cyber risk platform.
Balbix released an update to its breach avoidance platform with new APIs and workflows to improve internal operations.
Spirent is assisting the European Commission’s joint research center to implement an eCall system in new cars.
CloudPassage announced Halo Cortex, a security automation package to reduce time for Halo adoption.
NS1 released version 2.0 of Pulsar, its cloud-based routing engine, to enable intelligent traffic management.
Container intelligence company Sysdig joined the PCI Security Standards Council.
Calix and Infosys partnered to build new services for Calix’s software-defined access platform.
Tufin launched a cloud-based platform to secure containers and microservices.
Adva and Amartus jointly demonstrated automatic service lifecycle management on MEF’s 3.0 architecture.
Netsurion expanded its channel program to include software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN).
Software provider Velostrata partnered with Google to accelerate migration of on-premises workloads to Google Cloud.
SolarWinds released its annual industry study revealing information about cloud computing.
Pulse Secure launched new cloud and virtual appliances for hybrid cloud security.
McAfee and Infoblox partnered on DNS and web security, data sharing, and security orchestration.
HashiCorp, a cloud infrastructure provider, released version 0.10 of its Vault platform.
Portnox integrated its cloud-based network access control with TrapX Security’s deception technology.
Infocyte released version 3.0 of its next-generation cyber risk management platform, which expands into asset discovery and vulnerabilities.
Expereo, a managed SD-WAN provider, partnered with SecureOps to develop network security for SD-WAN.
Cloud Academy released general availability of its training plans to build data-driven cloud skills.
Humio and Corelight partnered to pair Corelight’s deep network monitoring and logging capabilities with log management technology from Humio.
NTT Communications and Dimension Data completed the transfer of cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) capability from Dimension Data to NTT.
CipherCloud launched its CASB cloud-native security platform.
Security company Illumio integrated its vulnerability mapping capabilities with the Qualys cloud platform for vulnerability-based micro-segmentation.
Illusive Networks released an automation solution that reduces the attack surface, decreasing the chance of cyberattacks.
Open source security and compliance company WhiteSource enhanced its support for containerized applications.
Antivirus company Cylance launched an alliance program to bring Cylance APIs to other technology providers.
Enterprise recovery company Commvault expanded its integrations with the Microsoft Azure stack.
The Storage Networking Industry Association and the OpenFabrics Alliance partnered to accelerate persistent memory transition in applications and fabrics.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Container and Kubernetes Deployment Challenges Give Me Hope
- Hybrid-Cloud Monitoring Startup Sensu Raises 41M in Series A
- Zededa Wants to Use the Cloud to Power IoT at the Edge
- xRAN Forum’s New Spec Focuses on Fronthaul
- Paul Jacobs Thinks He Has a Greater Than 50% Chance of Taking Qualcomm Private
- Alibaba Cloud Deploys Location-Based Technology With Esri
- Finland’s Telia Tests 5G at a Nokia Base Station Factory
- HyTrust, Twistlock Bolster Broad Focus on VM, Container Security
- Israeli IoT Startup Axonize Scores Investment From Deutsche Telekom
- Palo Alto Networks Buys Endpoint Security Startup Secdo
- RAD Creates VNF for White Boxes to Talk to Physical Network
- Container Security Should Be Simple, Serverless Is More of a Challenge
- Zyxel Chooses Enea to Boost Application Visibility on Its UTM Products
- Siebel’s C3 IoT Platform Will Be Available on Microsoft Azure
- Luminate Launches Secure Access Cloud Based on Google’s BeyondCorp
- ADVA Pushes Zero-Touch Provisioning to Network Edge Devices
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — April 10, 2018
- MEF Expands 3.0 Framework With Orchestration Specifications
- HPE Scoops Up Second Cloud Consulting Firm RedPixie
- OCI Standardizes Container Image Distribution Based on Docker Registry
- KDDI Europe Settles on Silver Peak for SD-WAN Services to Its Enterprise Customers
- Security Vendor Carbon Black Files for $100 Million IPO
- SevOne SDN Monitoring Platform Eases Transition to Cisco ACI Environments
- Verizon Data Breach Report Finds Ransomware Attacks Double Since 2017
- National Science Foundation Pledges $100M to Trial 5G Technology
- Industrial IoT Group Releases Security Maturity Model
- SK Telecom Will Incorporate AI Into Its 5G Network
- Github Data Shows Some CNCF Projects Lack Core Committers