10. Cisco and Verizon Build a Mobile SD-WAN Offering With 5G
9. Google Goes All In on Confidential Computing
8. AWS Remains Dominant Player in Growing Cloud Market, SRG Reports
Smaller rivals Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, and IBM if combined would be about equal to AWS’ market share. And they are taking market share from smaller players. Read more.
7. Google Gets Aggressive, Pledges $13B for US Data Centers and Offices
This will include “major expansions” in 14 states and “tens of thousands” of new employees, CEO Sundar Pichai said. Read more.
6. AWS Cloud Revenue Jumps 45% in Q4, Microsoft Azure Revenue Up 76%
5. HPE Partners With Samsung on 5G, Launches Telco Edge System
4. Cisco CEO Spies Networking Opportunity in AWS Outposts
Chuck Robbins said he didn’t want to imply that a deal with AWS was in the works. But he added that AWS Outposts with Cisco networking was “certainly conceivable.” Read more.
3. Orange Business Services Builds ‘One-Stop Shop’ for SD-WAN
Orange claims it has the largest enterprise SD-WAN deployment in the world, rolling out more than 1,500 sites with its Flexible SD-WAN service. Read more.
2. Kubernetes, Docker, ContainerD Impacted by RunC Container Runtime Bug
1. AT&T 5G, Airship Plans Powered by Mirantis
Mirantis scored an eight-figure, multi-year deal to provide the carrier with core infrastructure software that has Kubernetes running on bare metal on-premises. Read more.