VMware Is Getting Serious About Telcos & NFV — Contributions to OSM could be on the horizon.
AT&T Exec: 5G Network Sharing Is a Terrible Idea — Network sharing got some buzz at CTIA, but Tom Keathley tried it before. Didn’t like it.
Former Google Engineer Launches HappyGears.net — New topology mapping software could let companies monitor thousands of devices.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- 128 Technology Doesn’t Like the Term ‘SD-WAN’
- T-Mobile Teams with Samsung on 5G Tests
- Dell’s Post-EMC Layoffs Will Reportedly Exceed 2,000
- Google to Glom Apigee for $625M
- Optical Transport Firms Work with the Open Networking Foundation
- HashiCorp Picks Up $24M in Series B
- HPE Trims Overhead as It Prepares for Year 2
- Open Source Software & Security Are Key to 5G
- Intel Spins Out McAfee as a Separate Security Company
- HPE Spinning Off Software Assets to Micro Focus
- How to Eliminate Foundation Fatigue in Open Source Networking
- Dell Technology Is Born, Will ‘Think in Decades’
- DigitalOcean Announces Hatch to Help Startups Scale
- Verizon Says Its 5G Specifications Won’t Lead To Fragmentation
- A10 Networks Diversifies with Cloud Load Balancing & Security
- Huawei Claims to Improve O&M Efficiency of SDN Networks
- AT&T Will Test Drones As Possible 5G Network Tool