Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Huawei Wins SD-WAN Business with Japan’s SoftBank — The company also announced a 10 Gb/s-capable WiFi access point.
Is NSX VMware’s Secret Sauce? — “What vSphere was to the first 20 years of VMware, NSX is to the next decade or two,” VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger said.
Huawei Plans to Be One of ‘Five Major Clouds’ in the World — It’s begun the quest by partnering with Microsoft, Telefonica, DT, and Orange.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Analytics provider Evolving Systems completed the acquisition of the operating business units of Lumata Holdings. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
OnApp released its enterprise suite — a new range of products designed to transform price, performance, and usability in the enterprise cloud market.
SQL database company NuoDB released the latest version of its software, which provides customers with hybrid cloud deployment options.
Security vendor Dataiku raised a $28 million Series B funding led by Battery Ventures and supported by FirstMark, Serena Capital, and Alven.
DivvyCloud received $6 million in funding led by RTP Ventures to accelerate development of its cloud infrastructure governance and security platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Vertical Bridge, DataBank Team on Mobile Edge Computing
- Google Dedicated Internet Offers Private Network Connection to GCP
- Dell Wins ‘Landmark’ GE Contract, Reports Strong HCI and All-Flash Sales
- Red Hat Enhances Ansible to Increase Automation and Management
- 7 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Huawei
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — September 7, 2017
- Radisys Bets its Own Evolution on the Evolution of 4G to 5G
- Mesosphere Ties Kubernetes Support into DC/OS Platform
- Networking and All-Flash Storage Sales Boost HPE Revenue
- Liberty Global Virtualizing Cable Operations with Juniper vMX Routers
- Intent-Based Networking: What’s Real and What’s Hype?
- Anuta Networks Brings Orchestration to Tata’s SD-WAN
- Sprint Adds Color to NFV Plans That are ‘Essential’ for 5G Deployment
- HPE Buys Cloud Technology Partners, Expands Consulting Biz
- Ericsson Expands 5G NR Platform to Include FDD
- StackPointCloud Merges Kubernetes, Serverless Management
- OCP Hardware Could Lay Foundation for Open Edge Computing
- HPE Closes $8.8B Software Spinoff Deal with Micro Focus
- Microsoft Amps Container Support with Jenkins Plugin
- Palo Alto Customer Wins Soar in Q4 2017