Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Huawei Wins SD-WAN Business with Japan’s SoftBank — The company also announced a 10 Gb/s-capable WiFi access point.
Is NSX VMware’s Secret Sauce? — “What vSphere was to the first 20 years of VMware, NSX is to the next decade or two,” VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger said.
Huawei Plans to Be One of ‘Five Major Clouds’ in the World — It’s begun the quest by partnering with Microsoft, Telefonica, DT, and Orange.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Dell EMC will resell DriveScale’s software composable infrastructure solution to help customers improve the efficiency and agility of their data center infrastructure for cloud native applications.
Analytics provider Evolving Systems completed the acquisition of the operating business units of Lumata Holdings. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
ScaleArc announced that its SQL server software enhances its query load balancing capabilities.
KDDI and Samsung Electronics completed a set of 5G tests that demonstrate the viability and performance of 5G millimeter wave mobility solutions.
OnApp released its enterprise suite — a new range of products designed to transform price, performance, and usability in the enterprise cloud market.
SignalFx integrated with Kubernetes to empower operations teams to better monitor their Kubernetes environments, containers, and applications.
SQL database company NuoDB released the latest version of its software, which provides customers with hybrid cloud deployment options.
ECI launched its Apollo OPT9904X, which is designed to extend the benefits of switching to metro networks that often have fluctuating, variable demand.
DivvyCloud received $6 million in funding led by RTP Ventures to accelerate development of its cloud infrastructure governance and security platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Vertical Bridge, DataBank Team on Mobile Edge Computing
- Google Dedicated Internet Offers Private Network Connection to GCP
- Dell Wins ‘Landmark’ GE Contract, Reports Strong HCI and All-Flash Sales
- Red Hat Enhances Ansible to Increase Automation and Management
- 7 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Huawei
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — September 7, 2017
- Radisys Bets its Own Evolution on the Evolution of 4G to 5G
- Mesosphere Ties Kubernetes Support into DC/OS Platform
- Networking and All-Flash Storage Sales Boost HPE Revenue
- Liberty Global Virtualizing Cable Operations with Juniper vMX Routers
- Intent-Based Networking: What’s Real and What’s Hype?
- Anuta Networks Brings Orchestration to Tata’s SD-WAN
- Sprint Adds Color to NFV Plans That are ‘Essential’ for 5G Deployment
- HPE Buys Cloud Technology Partners, Expands Consulting Biz
- Ericsson Expands 5G NR Platform to Include FDD
- StackPointCloud Merges Kubernetes, Serverless Management
- OCP Hardware Could Lay Foundation for Open Edge Computing
- HPE Closes $8.8B Software Spinoff Deal with Micro Focus
- Microsoft Amps Container Support with Jenkins Plugin
- Palo Alto Customer Wins Soar in Q4 2017