For all our VMworld 2015 coverage, check out our VMworld 2015 coverage page
Happy Friday and happy (long) weekend! Miss the news? Don’t worry, the SDxCentral weekly news roundup is here to deliver the news bits surrounding software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and more. Get ready, ‘cuz it’s coming atcha:
Gigamon joined forces with RSA to bring more visibility to SDDC traffic. Bringing GigaSecure and RSA Security Analytics together, the two are looking to bring heightened insight to both virtual and physical environments.
More than 64,000 tech workers will find themselves with $5,800 in their pockets after a $415 million settlement was reached this week in the case accusing Apple, Google, and other Silicon Valley companies of getting in the way of employees finding better employment. Originally looking for $3 billion, the complaint was filed in 2011.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Telefónica Adds Juniper to Its Ambitious Metro Buildout
- Howie Xu Joins Greylock Partners as Executive in Residence
- New Metaswitch CEO Brings Broadcom & Intel Cred
- Ciena Gets Sunk by Tier 1s in Q3
- Network Monitoring Saves the World
- KEMP 360 Gives Management a Birds-Eye View
- NTT America Puts VMware’s EVO:SDDC to Work
- Artificial Intelligence Is Coming to IT, VMware CEO Says
- VMware’s Photon Platform Embraces an All-Container World
- VMware Claims 100 Production Deployments for NSX
- Can We Shrink (or Eliminate) VMs to Suit Containers?