Microsoft Ignite Kicks Off With Docker, Azure Stack & AI — Microsoft is adding the commercial version of the Docker Engine to Windows Server 2016.
Verizon Reveals Items on Its Virtualization Roadmap — Verizon says that SD-WAN is its most popular virtualization offering right now, but more services are in the works.
Google to Hire 1,000 People to Boost Its Cloud Business — Machine learning, Windows, and enterprise business strategies get the spotlight as Google makes Google Cloud Platform a top priority.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Coriant will showcase multi-vendor and multi-layer interworking using the Coriant Transcend software-defined networking (SDN) Transport Controller and Coriant hiT 7300 Multi-Haul Transport Platform in a fall 2016 interoperability demonstration.
Dell EMC broadened its support of Microsoft environments with new Microsoft Azure Services, Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and SQL.
MEF announced that ECI is leading MEF’s OpenLSO Service Fulfillment project.
Allot Communications is expanding its Allot ClearSee Network Analytics toolkit to include ClearSee Network Metrics and Real-Time Monitor, alongside Network Analytics and Self-Service Reporting, all managed from a newly released unified business intelligence interface.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- How Google Dealt with Pokémon Go Traffic 50 Times Beyond Expectations
- Enterprises Flocking to Hyperconverged Infrastructure, 451 Research Says
- Broadband Provider Wow Tests Juniper’s Cloud CPE
- Microsoft Plans to Build an AI Supercomputer in Azure
- Clarient Taps VMware Cloud Foundation on IBM for its Hub
- SD-WAN Market Expected to Hit $1.3B by 2020, IHS Says
- Nokia Expands Cloud to Private LTE Networks
- Iron.io Spreads Serverless Functions to Every Cloud
- IBM’s New Platform Uses Watson to Gain Insights From Data
- Nutanix IPO Gets a Price Boost
- Level 3’s SDN Controls 75,000 Devices
- Samsung Joins HPE’s OpenNFV Program
- GE Digital and Bosch Battle IoT Fragmentation With Open Source
- Aqua Scores $9M Series A Led by Microsoft
- ETSI Releases NFV 2 Specifications
- Audi, BMW, & Diamler Partner on 5G For Cars
- Dialogic Tests Its Virtual Network Functions With OPNFV Code
- Weaveworks Adds Auto-Firewalls to Its Container Networking
- Cloud Startup Iguazio Says Its Platform Can Crack Silos
- Fortinet Introduces Partner Program to Integrate Its Security Fabric
- Puppet CEO Luke Kanies Steps Aside
- OPNFV’s Third Release Includes Security Enhancements
- Nokia Trials Its Drone Traffic Management Platform
- Telefónica Picks Juniper to Deliver Network Security
- Yahoo Data Breach Was Likely Perpetrated at One Point of Failure