Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Dell EMC, Microsoft Win $1 Billion U.S. Air Force Deal — It could include Microsoft Azure Stack on Dell EMC hardware in the future.
Will Cisco or Lenovo Scoop Up NetApp to Boost Their Storage Play? — NetApp and Pure Storage are reportedly shopping themselves.
Dell EMC Ousts Nutanix from Hyperconverged Infrastructure Throne — IDC says Dell EMC’s share of the HCI segment grew to 29 percent in the second quarter of 2017.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) released the general availability of HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack, enabling customers to run Azure-consistent services on HPE infrastructure in their own data centers.
The Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) Project added Equinix, FiberHome, Kaloom, Netsia, Openet, and ZTEsoft to its group.
AppOrbit joined the Google Cloud Platform, which enables users of appOrbit to rapidly deploy applications on Google Cloud.
RAD and the Networks & Communications Group of Advantech launched a joint solution to boost Advantech’s universal CPE (uCPE) white box offering with carrier-class service demarcation and enhanced performance assurance capabilities.
KDDI Corporation, KDDI Research, and Couger initiated some proof of concept projects for a smart contract system based on blockchain technology, the first PoCs in Japan to utilize Enterprise Ethereum.
Teneo launched its wide area network (WAN) optimization-as-a-service offering.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Schneider Electric Moves into Data Center Software Space
- Telia Takes 5G Live on the High Seas In Estonia
- Google, Scale Compute Unite On-Prem HCI and Google Cloud Platform
- Is Serverless Finally Ready for the Enterprise? Stackery Thinks So
- Top Cyber Cops Give Security Tips for Preventing Attacks
- Microsoft Jolts VM Connectivity Across Azure Public Cloud
- VMware’s Di Piazza Defines ‘Cloud Native’
- Rancher Labs Favors Kubernetes Over Docker with Rancher 2.0
- Huawei Rolls Out Universal CPE for SD-WAN
- Dell EMC Adds Data Protection to HCI Appliances Running Microsoft Hyper-V
- LogicMonitor Extends Monitoring Capabilities to the Cloud
- Scality Bridges the Microsoft , Amazon Cloud Storage Divide
- SAP Cloud Is Embracing the Open Source World
- Video Delivery Drove Comcast Toward Virtualization
- Accelerite Takes On VMware, Nutanix with Hybrid Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Launches Latest SQL Server Across Windows, Linux, Docker
- Ixia Extends Reach of CloudLens to Serve More Public Clouds
- SAP’s Data Hub Helps Enterprises Unify and Analyze Data
- Microsoft Azure Control Sliced Thinner with Containers, Serverless
- Riverbed Stretches Microsoft Azure Cloud Storage to the Edge
- What’s the Difference Between the 5 Hyperledger Blockchain Projects?
- ETSI, OpenFog Join Forces on Fog and MEC Applications
- Microsoft CEO Mentions Containers and Serverless Computing in Keynote
- Archive360 Dives Deeper into Microsoft Azure Ecosystem
- Can Nutanix Maintain Market Dominance Amid HCI’s Cloudy Future?
- Huawei and Veritas Launch Cloud-Based Object Storage