Changes in HPE Networking: Gillai Leaving, Arista Scaling — HPE is undergoing a major facelift. Saar Gillai is leaving at year-end and the company will begin selling Arista switches.
AT&T’s ECOMP & Open-O Might Step on Each Other’s Toes — It’s yet to be seen whether AT&T will integrate Open-O’s code or keep its own flavor of MANO.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Red Hat released its OpenShift Container Platform 3.3 to improve application delivery across the hybrid cloud.
Digital Realty, a provider of data centers, colocation, and interconnection services, released Service Exchange, an platform that makes use of SDN to facilitate connections to multiple cloud service providers.
Infinera introduced Cloud Xpress 2 to help scale 100-Gb/s Ethernet data center interconnect (DCI) over multi-terabit optical links.
Exponential-e will be using Nuage Networks’ Virtualized Network Services (VNS) platform as the basis for newly announced SD-WAN services.
Microsoft Azure announced general availability of Microsoft Cloud Germany. Microsoft’s commercial cloud services in these data centers adhere to German data handling regulations.
KB Kookmin Bank, the largest financial institution in Korea, is deploying optical encryption from Ciena for data center interconnect (DCI).
IBM and Red Hat announced expanded their long-standing alliance, saying they want to better help clients embrace hybrid cloud.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Here’s What’s Inside Oracle’s AWS-Killing Bare Metal Cloud
- Software Still Hasn’t Hurt Cisco Like It Was Supposed To
- Cisco & IBM Both Evaluate the Security Company Imperva
- What’s Still Good, Bad & Ugly About NFV
- Ericsson to Cut 3K Jobs in Sweden By Shuttering Manufacturing Sites
- Cisco Teams with Salesforce on Cloud & IoT
- Centec Raises $47M to Battle Broadcom
- T-Mobile Taps Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung for 5G Tests
- OpenDaylight Unleashes Boron, its Fifth Code Iteration
- Industrial IoT Group Releases Security Framework
- AirGig: Broadband over Power Lines Could Speed Up 5G
- SoftWatch Releases SaaS to Help Enterprises Migrate to Cloud
- Ericsson Shifts Strategy to CTO Ewaldsson, North America to Quereshi
- Cloud Migration Is Making Performance Monitoring Crucial
- Versa-led Alliance Promotes White Box SD-WAN Hardware
- Masergy Resells Silver Peak’s SD-WAN
- Blue Medora’s SaaS Combines Database and Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
- Vista Equity Partners Takes Infoblox Private for $1.6B
- Nokia Makes Enterprise Push with Edge Computing, XaaS
- Nutanix IPO Likely to Raise $173M