VMware Lays Plans to Become a Cloud Powerhouse — The company tries to find its cloud footing in a world dominated by the likes of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Cisco Plunges Into Containers, Acquiring ContainerX — The deal suggests that CEO Chuck Robbins is dead serious about Cisco’s future as a software company.
Huawei Launches Commercial SDN Controller — Agile Controller 3.0 fits into the company’s theme of building from an open source base and aiming for the cloud.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Cloud Technology Partners successfully closed its Series C funding round with prior investors Rackspace, State Street Bank, and Pritzker Group Venture Capital. The amount of funding was not disclosed.
Red Hat released Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9, its open infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platform for cloud and network functions virtualization (NFV) environments. Separately, VMware introduced VMware Integrated OpenStack 3. Both are based on the OpenStack Mitaka release.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- How R&D Helped Fuel Huawei’s Rise
- 60% of Enterprise Workloads are Expected to Run in the Cloud by 2018
- A Rogue Effort Brings SDDC to the Lowly Branch Office
- Thoma Bravo Might Buy HPE Software Assets for $7.5B
- Ciena Notes a Trend Towards Openness During its Earnings
- Verizon Commits to LTE CAT-M for IoT
- For Thomson Reuters, Cloud Scale Isn’t Enough
- Service Providers Don’t Want to Be Left Holding the Bag with NFV
- The 5 Biggest Tech Layoffs of 2016 (So Far)
- Infinera Bases its SDN for Transport Networks on OpenDaylight
- Ericsson Pushes Envelope By Making 5G Networking Gear Available in 2017
- Huawei Hops Onto Software-Defined Elevators
- VMware Reminds Us It’s Still Working With Containers
- Palo Alto Networks Reports Record Q4 Revenue
- Dell to Close on EMC on September 7
- CloudGenix Connects its SD-WAN to Data Center Apps
- HPE Advances Data Analytics & Machine Learning
- Dynamic Network Slicing is the ‘Secret Sauce’ Behind 5G
- New Dell Products Are Ready, Awaiting the EMC Deal
- Public Cloud Won’t Rule the Earth Until 2030
- Gigamon’s Security Platform Integrates VMware NSX
- ZTE Conducts High-Frequency 5G Field Tests
- Nuage Provides SDN for Latin American IT Services Provider