Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Report Ranks SD-WAN Leaders Based on Q2 Revenues — The overall SD–WAN market increased 33 percent since first quarter 2017.
Cloud Provider OVH Takes on AWS, Azure and Google in the US — OVH has 1.2 million customers worldwide.
Comcast Business Rolls Out an SDN Platform Named ActiveCore — SD–WAN is the first service offered on the platform.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The GSMA reported that more than 21,000 visitors from 110 countries and territories attended the 2017 Mobile World Congress Americas, held September 12 through 14 in San Francisco.
The Telecom Infra Project launched the Millimeter Wave (mmWave) Networks Project Group, co-chaired by Deutsche Telekom and Facebook, to address the growing demand for bandwidth in highly-populated cities.
Security company Armis discovered a set of Bluetooth-related vulnerabilities dubbed “BlueBorne,” affecting billions of devices.
Anchore introduced a new open source project that allows users to install a local copy of its container analysis and policy engine.
Photonix’s universal customer premise equipment (uCPE) and software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) technology were included in the Amdocs NFV ecosystem powered by ONAP.
Sprint and Ericsson unveiled results of the first U.S. 2.5 GHz multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) field tests conducted in Seattle, Washington, and Plano, Texas, using Sprint’s spectrum and Ericsson’s radios.
CloudOps created CloudMC, an on-premises subscription software that provides a self-service portal for cloud service orchestrator management and provisioning.
JMA Wireless unveiled new technologies for its distributed antenna system platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Heptio Gains $25M in Pursuit of Expanding Beyond Kubernetes
- Versa Breaks Into the Chinese Market with China Telecom Win
- Telefónica, Palo Alto Networks Launch Cloud-Based Security Software
- Verizon Sees 5G Network, Ecosystem Unleashed by Virtualization
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Security Encrypts In-Use Data
- VMware Releases Telco-Oriented Version of its OpenStack Distribution
- Cisco’s David Goeckeler Talks Network Security at Deutsche Bank
- Extreme Networks Launches Automated Campus with Avaya Assets
- 5G to be Like a Well-Tuned Orchestra, Thanks to Software
- Cisco Tasks Market with Fast Adoption of Software, Digitization
- Dell EMC Rack Scale Infrastructure Targets Service Providers’ SDDCs
- VeloCloud Partner Program Aims to Onboard Service Providers ASAP
- Oracle Bets Big on Kubernetes, Joins CNCF as Platinum Member
- Ericsson Makes Hueveldop’s North America Post Permanent
- Veriflow Brings Intent-Based Networking Verification to the Cloud
- Sprint Touts 5G Hardware Progress, Knows Software Remains Key
- Amdocs Brings an NFV Software Package Based on ONAP
- Domo BYOK Generates New Data Encryption Keys Every Hour
- VMware-IBM Cloud Covers Vodafone, Dell EMC, and SAP
- Silver Peak Updates EdgeConnect to Increase Availability
- IBM LinuxONE Gains Proprietary Container Focus
- CA Brings Additional Visibility to Versa’s Cloud IP Platform
- Open Container Initiative Marks Success, Looks for What’s Next
- Rackspace Buys Cloud Managed Services Provider Datapipe
- Dell Triggers Cloud and Container Storage Interoperability
- Carriers’ 5G Plans are Rooted in SDN/NFV, Says Ixia Survey
- CNCF Looks to Bridge Gap in Kubernetes Skills and Support
- Will VMware-AWS Deal Rain on IBM Cloud Partnership
- Intel 5G Trial Platform to Support Still Undefined Standard