Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
VMware, Pivotal, and Google Bring Kubernetes On-Premises —The new product will deliver production-ready Kubernetes on vSphere and Google Cloud Platform.
VMware Works on Blockchain Prototype for Enterprises — Blockchain could be a whole new business area for VMware.
Why Dell EMC’s Chad Sakac No Longer Gets in Bar Fights About HCI and SDS — Dell EMC’s VxRail HCI appliance is a “half-billion-dollar business.”
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Oracle is hiring more than 5,000 new engineers, consultants, sales, and support people into its growing cloud business.
Virtuozzo announced the latest release of its HCI platform with integrated container, hypervisor, and storage for service providers and businesses.
Internet intelligence company Qadium raised $40 million in a Series B. Qadium indexes devices on the public Internet every hour, similar to how search companies crawl web pages.
Finnish colocation provider Ficolo released a multicloud solution to improve the usability and costs of cloud services.
Kolos claims to be building the largest data center in the world in Ballangen, Norway. The planned Kolos facility will stretch over some 600,000 square meters.
Eighteen new organizations joined the Linux Foundation as Silver members.
Stream Data Centers signed a partnership agreement with Megaport (USA) to deliver direct consumption-based connectivity services to enterprises.
Inspur joined the Open Network Operating System (ONOS) project as a collaborator.
Monitoring company LogicMonitor now supports Kubernetes, allowing operations teams running Kubernetes in VMware-powered environments to troubleshoot issues.
PSSC Lab helped the reverse-logistics platform Optoro migrate off Amazon Web Services (AWS) and create its own in-house infrastructure.
Windstream introduced an enhanced version of its Cloud Connect solution. It allows customers to use the Windstream network to connect to major cloud providers including AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud, Oracle Fast Connect, and Salesforce.
Palo Alto Networks‘ next-generation security platform is now available to customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
Puppet announced the availability of Puppet Enterprise for customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
Trend Micro’s server security product is available to customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
Zain Iraq selected Ericsson to upgrade its existing network using Ericsson’s virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC).
Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity launched enhanced traffic analysis capabilities to detect domain name server (DNS) tunneling.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Nutanix CEO: Hybrid Cloud, Kubernetes Containers are the Future
- Juniper Networks Acquires Security Firm Cyphort
- Pivot3 Brags About its HCI; Partners with HyTrust, Veeam and Liquidware
- Serverless Kubeless Framework Gains Kubernetes-Native Support
- Latest OpenStack Release Delivers Composable Infrastructure
- VMware’s vSAN SD-Storage Is ‘Taking Over’ the Data Center
- ADVA Optical Slashes Q3 Forecast Due to Weak Orders
- AT&T to Stream DirecTV Now on 5G as Part of Latest Trials
- Adtran Launches Open Network Alliance for Software-Defined Access
- Juniper Networks Introduces Contrail Security for Cloud
- Patent Licensing Firm Peddles More Than 6,000 Nokia Patents
- DH2i Embraces Linux Containers as Enterprise Market Evolves
- HPE Integrates Synergy with VMware Cloud Foundation
- AthenaHealth Incentivizes Employees to Use Disaggregated Network
- Dell Technologies CEO Michael Dell: ‘It’s a Multicloud World’
- VMware Cloud Services Add Intent-Based Security for Applications
- Dell EMC, VMware Partner on HCI and Hybrid Cloud Platforms
- VMware Cloud on AWS Is ‘Ultimate Hybrid Solution,’ Gelsinger Says
- Quali Adds Virtualization Focus to Sandbox Environments
- Google Cloud Platform to Host Marketo Marketing Infrastructure
- VeloCloud Expands SD-WAN Security Ecosystem
- CenturyLink Gets Cozier with VMware in the Private Cloud
- Gluware Takes Cisco Snug in Stride, Carries on With Enhanced SD-WAN
- Are Containers and Serverless Computing Set to Battle for Cloud Control?
- Early 5G Fixed Wireless Networks Will Generate $1B in Revenue in 2019, Report Says
- VMware’s Chris Wolf Talks AWS, Hybrid Cloud, and VMworld 2017
- VMware Scores ‘Huge Win’ with Vodafone for NFV