SDxCentral’s editors survived another busy week out in the hot, dusty ol’ Wild West of software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV). Here are a few stray bits we rounded up:
The University of New Hampshire’s InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) published a list of interoperable networking products meeting Open Compute Project standards. Open Compute is the Facebook-backed initiative aimed at creating commodity infrastructure for large data centers.
Oracle is targeting communications service providers with its new Communications Policy Management, which can be deployed within a single pair of active/standby commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. The software is based on Oracle’s virtualization technology.
PLUMgrid is launching an advanced training and certification program tailored to organizations that want to accelerate the mastery of SDN-based OpenStack clouds among their network engineers and cloud architects.
Food services supplier Supreme Oil implemented a software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) from Adara Networks to support HD quality streaming of video used for monitoring production floor operations, voice-over-IP, email, virtualized desktop access to applications and data replication.
Mesosphere and EMC jointly released the Docker Volume Driver Interface Isolation Module and Docker Volume Driver CLI, two storage-related services for the Mesosphere Datacenter Operating System (DCOS).
The MEF and ETSI announced they’re working together on developing combined use cases for NFV and Carrier Ethernet 2.0. They’re also working to make sure to coordinate ETSI’s NFV roadmap with Carrier Ethernet 2.0.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- SDN & OpenFlow World Congress Gears Up For Düsseldorf
- Containers, VMs, Bare Functions — AWS Loves ‘Em All
- Cavium XPliant Chip Powers Accton’s New OCP Switch
- Coriant SDN Controller: Lower Layers Say ‘Howdy’ to Higher Layers
- AWS Wants an Even Bigger Piece of IoT
- Dell & EMC Reportedly Mulling a Merger
- Cisco Opens the Door to DevNet Labs
- Big Switch, Facebook, & NTT to Demo an Open Source Switch OS
- AWS Re:Invent — Analytics, Databases, & One Big Ol’ Box
- Equinix Aims to Satisfy Customer Demand for AWS
- Nokia’s Post-Merger Plan Bodes Well for Nuage Networks, So Far
- TeliaSonera Likes Its NFV Session Border Controller on COTS
- Cisco Strikes a Blow Against Ransomware
- Arista Takes a Macro Approach to Physical & Virtual Network Security
- NetCracker’s Virtual CPE Gets Tested by Etisalat
- Cisco CEO Weighs In On White Boxes, IoT, & Open Source
- Extreme Networks & VMware Integrate for SDDC
- Cisco Cranks Up Industry-Specific IoT Platforms
- HP Launches OpenSwitch, Yet Another Open Network OS
- AT&T Deploys Juniper’s Contrail Networking
- Cisco Flashes Industrial IoT Ambitions With Robotics Firm
- ECI Writes Code for Autonomous Behaviors of Switches
- SDxCentral Acquires The Rayno Report