Ericsson Names Board Member Borje Ekholm as New CEO — Ekholm said that Ericsson needs to make adjustments to its cost structure before it can grow.
Will AT&T’s $85B Acquisition of Time Warner Help or Hinder 5G? — The Time Warner deal may drive more demand but it won’t accelerate the timeline for the 5G standard.
New Attack Vector Can Amplify DDoS by 55x —With more attacks becoming automated, it is getting easier to take advantage of protocols like Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Aqua Security now supports Windows Server 2016 containers and is integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
OneAccess Networks unveiled its open virtualization platform for operators and service providers.
Security company Nozomi Networks has completed a $7.5 million Series A round of funding.
AT&T deployed LTE-M technology at the AT&T Labs in San Ramon, Calif.
Nuage Networks introduced the Nuage Networks eXperience (Nuage X), a publicly accessible cloud environment that lets users deploy their own Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) instance.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- AWS Revenues Soar Again, but Amazon’s Q3 Misses
- Cisco Scores Six Operator SD-WAN Deployments
- Fortinet Q3 Earnings Disappoint
- CenturyLink, Level 3 In Merger Talks
- Nokia Hit With Q3 Net Loss as Network Buildouts Slow
- Qualcomm to Acquire NXP for $38B, the Latest Chip Megamerger
- F5 Beats Q4 Predictions With Strong Sales in North America
- VMware Emphasizes Cloud Even More, Promoting Two Execs
- Is Juniper’s QFX10000 Keeping Margins Down?
- Nutanix Would Be Worth Even More Without Hardware
- Juniper Breaks Out With a Strong Q3
- Mirai Botnet: Now the Government Is Involved
- Berkshire’s Masergy Acquisition Will Fuel Growth, New Products
- AppViewX Gives Users an Application Perspective View
- Wavefront Raises $52M in Series B Funding
- Intel Capital Reveals $38M in New Investments
- OpenStack Revenue Will Top $5B by 2020, Says 451 Research
- Pluribus Adds VXLAN to Tackle Data Center Interconnect
- IoT Botnet To Blame for Big DDoS Attack
- Swisscom, UKCloud Adopt Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Operators Want Flexibility & Reduced Costs From SD-WAN & vCPE, Report Says