Some top Dell executives have departed to “pursue other interests,” reports Fortune. These include Don Ferguson, CTO of software, Nnamdi Orakwue, vice president of software, and George Reese, executive director for Dell’s cloud solutions group.
IT management software maker SolarWinds is being taken private by investment firms Silver Lake Partners and Thoma Bravo for $4.5 billion, reports Reuters.
At Dell World 2015 in Austin, Texas, Pluribus demonstrated Nutanix‘s turnkey hyperconverged appliances connected via Dell’s latest generation of 10- and 40-Gb/s Open Network switches, with each switch running Pluribus’ Open Netvisor Linux to form a complete hyperconverged infrastructure.
Freescale and KDDI R&D Labs joined the OPNFV Project as Silver members, while Morgan Richomme of Orange has been appointed to the OPNFV board of directors as the first technical community representative.
Oracle introduced a new version of its Diameter Signaling Router, making it now cloud-deployable. It’s designed to help communications service providers use a virtualized infrastructure to launch new services more quickly.
RAD announced that a Tier 1 service provider in Latin America chose its Service Assured Access to deliver MEF-certified Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services for business, mobile, and public sector customers over a nationwide fiber optic network.
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- Juniper CEO Isn’t Worried About Dell/EMC
- Juniper Networks Posts Strong 3Q Results
- AWS & Azure Keep the Cloud Growing in Q3
- VeloCloud Helps Orchestrate MetTel’s SD-WAN
- Former Time Warner Cable CTO LaJoie Sets His Sights On SDN/NFV
- OpenStack Appliance Startup ZeroStack Raises $16M
- NTT Picks PLUMgrid for Virtual Networking
- A ‘Pause’ in Enterprise Cloud Spending Hurts EMC Stock
- Citrix Names Calderoni Interim CEO
- HP Unplugs Its Public Cloud & Flips TippingPoint
- At Dell World, Michael Dell Stumps for the EMC Deal
- VMware Shares Fall 20% on Cloud Concerns
- Where’s the Altbier? Notes from SDN World Congress
- EMC & VMware Will Jointly Own Virtustream
- Dell World Puts a Spotlight on Security
- Brocade Makes Mobile Networks More Visible
- CenturyLink Sets Big Virtualization Goal
- Fortinet Targets the Access Layer With a New Platform
- Versa Networks Drops Hints About NFV and Virtual CPE