ONF to Merge With On.Lab — The ONF is undergoing big changes.
Ericsson’s Financial Troubles Unlikely to Impact Cisco Partnership — Yet —Analysts think it’s unlikely Ericsson’s troubles will prompt Cisco to consider morphing the partnership into an acquisition.
Orange Business: Skeptical of SD-WAN Hype — By using already-deployed Cisco routers and intelligent WAN (IWAN) technology, Orange can help businesses offload some of their traffic via a broadband connection.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Dell EMC released product and service enhancements to deliver software-defined, cloud-enabled data protection for the modern data center.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is rolling out its Pivotal Cloud Foundry on GCP, bringing Pivotal’s enterprise cloud-native experience together with Google’s infrastructure and innovative technology. It also announced its Cloud Storage Coldline, Google Stackdriver, and Google Cloud Storage Multi-Regional and Regional.
NEC Corporation used its SDN system to develop a safe and flexible in-hospital network that facilitates collaboration between basic research and clinical healthcare in the new ward of Keio University Hospital, one of Japan’s medical institutions.
Lenovo and Nimble Storage entered a strategic partnership intended to transform data center capabilities by delivering new levels of efficiency and scale, and speeding up the time IT teams spend managing infrastructure.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Ericsson Hit with 3Q Net Loss, Paints Bleak View of 4Q
- DDoS Attack Causes Widespread Outages — Twice
- Corsa’s Data-Plane Appliance Absorbs 100G DDoS Attacks
- Microsoft Azure Keeps Up the Pace With a Strong Q1
- Verizon’s Data-Center Sale Is About to Really Happen
- Puppet Unveils New Docker Build and Phased Deployments
- Citrix’s Optimism Continues After a Robust Q3
- AT&T’s Texas 5G Demo Shows Viability of Millimeter Wave
- Ericsson Embraces Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Facebook’s Open Source Switch Guns for 100G
- IoT & Data Center Have Intel Looking Up in Q3
- Juniper Hires Outspoken Cloud Expert Randy Bias
- Senet Expands LoRaWAN IoT Network to 10 New Markets
- Docker Containers: Coming to a vSphere Data Center Near You
- Watson Won’t Wander to Non-IBM Clouds
- Bastille Says Its Software-Defined Sensors Will Stop Security Threats
- Riverbed Enhances its SteelCentral Monitoring Platform
- 5 Academic Institutions Building 5G Technology
- VMware Makes Hybrid Cloud Moves with Telefónica, Equinix
- OpenStack & Private Cloud, at Scale, Are Cheaper Than Public Cloud
- Telia Plots 5G Launch in Stockholm and Tallinn by 2018
- Aryaka Envisions a Lofty $1B Price for Possible IPO