OpenStack’s 12th version of its open source software — Liberty — is now available for download. The latest features include: role-based access control (RBAC) for the Heat orchestration and Neutron networking projects, the first version of of Nova Cells v2 for large scale deployments, and the first full release of the Magnum containers management project.
Open Networking User Group (ONUG) will be showing off multivendor proof of concept (POC) demonstrations at its ONUG Fall 2015 conference November 4th and 5th in New York City. ONUG says the POCs are an industry first and will showcase a software-defined infrastructure ecosystem in the making.
In other OpenStack-related news, Akanda, a contributor and supporter of OpenStack’s Project Astara, partnered up with Aptira and Cumulus Networks to build an open source networking stack for service providers, cloud platforms, and enterprises.
The ETSI NFV Industry Specification Group stayed true to its name by releasing three new specs on security and reliability. The first specification, GS NFV-SEC 004, takes a look at the architectures and designs that allow Lawful Interception capabilities in NFV deployments, while the second, GS NFV-SEC 002, is on security features in OpenStack. The third specification, GS NFV-REL 002, is on implementing cloud and data center techniques in NFV environments.
Coriant, Telefónica, and IMDEA Networks Institute, along with support from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, took part in what they said was the industry’s first wireless transport SDN POC, which was sponsored by the Open Networking Foundation.
NEC and subsidiary NetCracker announced the expansion of their NEC SDN Partner Space, which was designed to help service providers and enterprise customers roll out SDN and NFV services and products at a rapid pace.
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
• Red Hat Snaps Up IT Automation Startup Ansible
• Dell/EMC Deal Puts Crosshairs on HP. Who Else?
• Telcos Want More NFV, and VMware Aims to Deliver
• Telecom Opens Up To Containers
• Alcatel-Lucent Unveils Its Latest Intelligent Fabric Switch
• Enterprise vCPE Boasts 156% Return on Investment
• Intel Tempers Its Data Center Forecast for Now
• Containers Make Ciena’s Blue Planet More User-Friendly
• Cybereason Locks Up a $59 Million Round
• VMware Refreshes Its Cloud Management Platform
• ONOS Joins the Linux Foundation, Becoming an OpenDaylight Sibling
• An EMC Dell Merger Could Shake Up Cloud Services
• Michael Dell Pledges Openness for Dell-EMC
• Cheap Debt Helps Dell & EMC Virtualize VMware’s Value
• ClearPath Gains Entry to HP’s Partner Program
• They Really Did It: Dell to Acquire EMC for $67B