Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Vodafone’s New SDN and NFV Head Tells Vendors to Work Together — The carrier wants virtualized compute resources and not any proprietary hardware.
ETSI Might Form a Second Group to Connect NFV with OS — DT, Telefonica, and NTT Docomo are leading the initiative.
Juniper Cites Cloud Vertical in Cutting Q3 Revenue, EPS Forecasts — Company executives had touted its cloud business as part of its Q2 results.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Avi Networks will launch general availability of its software-only, machine learning solution for IT organizations security and operations, Intelligent Web Application Firewall (IWAF), starting Oct. 31.
Liferay launched its cloud platform WeDeploy. WeDeploy offers cloud solutions for developers and leverages the Docker ecosystem.
EdgeConneX partnered with Cloudflare to enable and deploy Cloudflare’s Stream service in 18 edge data centers in North America. Cloudflare rolled out four new services as well, alongside the launch of Stream.
Oracle named IBM as a strategic partner and provider on the Oracle HCM Cloud platform.
Telco, NXP, and Arm released a uCPE white box solution.
Ericsson and du deployed enterprise solutions in the Dubai, UAE region that will enhance IoT services.
A strategic partnership formed between Enforta and Actility to deploy IoT services across Russia.
Casa Systems opened customer field trials, for cable service providers, of its Axyom Virtual CCAP (vCCAP).
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Sysdig Taps its Forensic Platform for Container Security Product
- Google Wants 5G Spectrum to be Shared
- Microsoft, Cisco, HPE Top U.S. IoT Vendors, Analyst Report Says
- Google and Friends Launch Grafeas, Kritis to Track, Secure Containers
- NetApp HCI Arrives Late to the Party, But Brings ‘Innovative Approach’ to Hybrid Cloud
- Teridion Names Former HPE Exec Saar Gillai CEO
- Cisco ACI Connects Multiple Data Centers Across Geographies
- Puppet Adds Characters and Depth to its Automation Show
- The Promise of P4 Runtime and How It’s Propelling the ONF
- ShiftLeft Software Analyzes Source Code ‘Security DNA’
- Dell to Invest $1B in IoT Research
- Cloud Foundry Morphs Kubo into Container Runtime
- SD-Storage Startup SoftNAS Gets a Hybrid Cloud Makeover
- ONAP and MEF Join Each Others’ Groups, Collaborate on LSO
- Swisscom Goes Live with Ericsson-Powered Cloud Platform
- Edgecore Contributes White Box OLT Design to OCP’s Telco Group
- Salesforce Weaves CRM Into IoT Device Management
- Docker’s Funding Push Nears $62 Million as Container Market Evolves
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — October 10, 2017
- ForeScout, CrowdStrike Join Forces to Battle Endpoint and Network Security Threats
- Lanner, 128 Technology Team Up on White Box for SD-WAN, VNF
- Nokia Launches Software Platform Pair to Bolster SDAN Plans
- IBM Adds Software Capabilities to On-Prem Cloud Object Storage
- Chef Habitat Builder Focuses on Easing Container Management
- Lumina and Noviflow Seek to Disrupt the MPLS Router Market
- Red Hat Updates Container Storage Platform as Market Strives for Maturity