Vodafone’s New SDN and NFV Head Tells Vendors to Work Together — The carrier wants virtualized compute resources and not any proprietary hardware.
ETSI Might Form a Second Group to Connect NFV with OS — DT, Telefonica, and NTT Docomo are leading the initiative.
Juniper Cites Cloud Vertical in Cutting Q3 Revenue, EPS Forecasts — Company executives had touted its cloud business as part of its Q2 results.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Akamai’s content delivery network (CDN) capabilities are now available on the IBM Cloud as part of the IBM Cloud CDN.
Openwave Mobility launched a guide for mobile operators deploying NFV on their network. “The NFV Playbook,” is a compilation of research, observations, and analysis from 18 months of NFV trials.
Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud Platform was certified to run on Cloudera Enterprise workloads through the Cloudera Certified Technology Program.
XL Axiata deployed the Packet Design Explorer Suite to deliver its IP/MPLS mobile and core networks.
Kontron partnered with Inocybe to integrate Kontron’s SYMKLOUD white box switching and other hardware platforms with stacking components from Inocybe’s Open Networking Platform.
Avi Networks will launch general availability of its software-only, machine learning solution for IT organizations security and operations, Intelligent Web Application Firewall (IWAF), starting Oct. 31.
Liferay launched its cloud platform WeDeploy. WeDeploy offers cloud solutions for developers and leverages the Docker ecosystem.
ADTRAN broadened its SD-Access portfolio with the launch of its 10G-EPON virtual Remote-OLTs.
Akamai acquired Nominum in an all-cash transaction expected to close later this quarter.
An Asian Tier 1 telecom equipment manufacturer (TEM) selected Enea OSE to deliver its 64-bit Enea OSE multicore operating system for a line of 5G radio base stations.
Over 900 businesses worldwide joined ALE’s Rainbow cloud collaboration platform in the past few months. Users have access to a new onboading process.
EdgeConneX partnered with Cloudflare to enable and deploy Cloudflare’s Stream service in 18 edge data centers in North America. Cloudflare rolled out four new services as well, alongside the launch of Stream.
Alibaba launched a global research program, Academy for Discovery, Momentum, and Outlook (DAMO Academy), expecting to invest $15 billion in R&D by 2020.
Oracle named IBM as a strategic partner and provider on the Oracle HCM Cloud platform.
NoviFlow’s network operating system (NOS), NoviWare, now supports Barefoot Networks’ P4-programmable switch clip, Tofino.
6WIND now offers software support for Arm processors. General availability will launch for Arm architectures in the first quarter 2018.
Telco, NXP, and Arm released a uCPE white box solution.
Ericsson and du deployed enterprise solutions in the Dubai, UAE region that will enhance IoT services.
A strategic partnership formed between Enforta and Actility to deploy IoT services across Russia.
Casa Systems opened customer field trials, for cable service providers, of its Axyom Virtual CCAP (vCCAP).
Aqua Security partnered with Carahsoft to introduce Aqua’s container security platform to public sector and federal organizations. Carahsoft will serve as Aqua’s value-added reseller.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Sysdig Taps its Forensic Platform for Container Security Product
- Google Wants 5G Spectrum to be Shared
- Microsoft, Cisco, HPE Top U.S. IoT Vendors, Analyst Report Says
- Google and Friends Launch Grafeas, Kritis to Track, Secure Containers
- NetApp HCI Arrives Late to the Party, But Brings ‘Innovative Approach’ to Hybrid Cloud
- Teridion Names Former HPE Exec Saar Gillai CEO
- Cisco ACI Connects Multiple Data Centers Across Geographies
- Puppet Adds Characters and Depth to its Automation Show
- The Promise of P4 Runtime and How It’s Propelling the ONF
- ShiftLeft Software Analyzes Source Code ‘Security DNA’
- Dell to Invest $1B in IoT Research
- Cloud Foundry Morphs Kubo into Container Runtime
- SD-Storage Startup SoftNAS Gets a Hybrid Cloud Makeover
- ONAP and MEF Join Each Others’ Groups, Collaborate on LSO
- Swisscom Goes Live with Ericsson-Powered Cloud Platform
- Edgecore Contributes White Box OLT Design to OCP’s Telco Group
- Salesforce Weaves CRM Into IoT Device Management
- Docker’s Funding Push Nears $62 Million as Container Market Evolves
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings, and Retirings — October 10, 2017
- ForeScout, CrowdStrike Join Forces to Battle Endpoint and Network Security Threats
- Lanner, 128 Technology Team Up on White Box for SD-WAN, VNF
- Nokia Launches Software Platform Pair to Bolster SDAN Plans
- IBM Adds Software Capabilities to On-Prem Cloud Object Storage
- Chef Habitat Builder Focuses on Easing Container Management
- Lumina and Noviflow Seek to Disrupt the MPLS Router Market
- Red Hat Updates Container Storage Platform as Market Strives for Maturity