At DockerCon Europe, Hewlett Packard Enterprise introduced a comprehensive lineup of new solutions built for the Docker ecosystem, spanning cloud, software, storage, and services optimized for containers.
EZchip executed an amendment to its merger agreement with Mellanox in which EZchip will actively solicit alternative offers from third parties during a 30-day “go-shop” period, expiring on Dec. 16. The amendment was proposed last week.
RSA, the security division of EMC, appointed Niloofar Razi Howe as chief strategy officer.
MRV Communications announced full lifecycle service orchestration for both optical and packet product lines via its Pro-Vision 3.2.1.
Five new cloud partners have joined IBM’s ecosystem serving the U.S. federal government. These resellers will bundle their solutions with IBM Cloud: Arrow, Avnet Government Solutions, Ingram Micro, Tech Data Corporation, and ViON.
Akamai Technologies is working with Google to establish direct interconnects between Google’s Cloud Platform and Akamai’s Intelligent Platform, which is the foundation for its CDN and cloud security services.
The Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California selected Brocade as part of a 100-Gb/s research-and-education network link between Asia and the United States. The new network relies on the Brocade MLXe Core Router as the interconnection, peering, and routing exchange fabric, providing a software-defined exchange.
RAD, Sandvine, and CenturyLink conducted a proof-of-concept at the GEN15 conference in Dallas, showing application-aware networking.
Infinera and Corsa demonstrated SDN-enabled, on-demand 100-Gb/s packet services at the SC15 supercomputing conference, using Corsa’s 100-Gb/s DP6400 switching platform, Infinera’s Cloud Xpress metro optical transport platform, and Infinera-developed SDN control capabilities.
Adtran appointed Roger Shannon as its senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
Ravello Systems, which calls itself a nested virtualization company, is enabling broad access to Nutanix Community Edition through fully automated and customizable deployments on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
IIX, a global software-defined interconnection company, raised $26 million in Series B funding, led by Formation 8 with prior investor New Enterprise Associates.
Allot Communications says that its WebSafe Personal and WebSafe Business security-as-a-service offerings for service providers are securing more than 10 million subscribers worldwide.
Platform9 announced beta support for OpenStack Neutron, providing customers with a way to dynamically provision networks within vSphere and KVM environments. In addition, Platform9 announced general availability of its support for OpenStack Heat for orchestration and general availability of its support for OpenStack Ceilometer for programmatic alerts and event notifications.
For all our GEN15 coverage, check out SDxCentral’s GEN15 coverage page
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- OPNFV Opens a Vote on NFV MANO
- Google Cloud Goes Greene
- WiFi Calling Might Be a First NFV Use Case for Comcast
- vArmour Has a Plan for Multicloud Security
- Cisco Hits the Refresh Button on CCIE & CCNA
- Vapor IO Launches Open Source Platform
- LiveAction Debuts a Tool for SaaS Applications
- PCCW Deploys CENX Service Orchestrator
- Ethernet on Demand is AT&T’s First SDN User Case
- Citrix to Cut 1,000 Jobs & Spin Off GoTo
- New Plexxi Software Targets the ‘Cloud Builders’
- Cisco Opens IOS XR to Third-Party Applications
- Arista Networks Gets Its DWDM On
- Docker Lends a Hand for Running Containers in Production
- ContainerX Brings an Elastic Approach to Docker Infrastructure
- OPNFV & CENGN: Great Minds Think Alike
- Docker Security Gets a Hardware Assist
- Rancher Gets Hyperconverged With Its Docker Platform
- Special Report on Network Virtualization is Live!