Q&A with Kelly Ahuja, the New CEO at Versa Networks — The 18-year Cisco veteran talks about the huge shift in networking and the appeal of SD-WAN.
Forward Networks’ SDN Pioneers Want to Make the Network Less Error-Prone — Forward wants to automate away the human-error factor that causes network outages or security vulnerabilities.
A Dark Horse to Buy Brocade’s IP Business: Arris — For $2.2 billion, Arris could boost CPEs while also diversifying.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Infinera released a new platforms within the DTN-X Family designed to power cloud-scale networks.
HyperGrid, an application delivery provider, announced the availability of its HyperCloud.
AWS also announced that Amazon QuickSight is now available to all customers.
The GSMA called on governments and regulators around the world to commit to supporting the needs of 5G in the lead-up to the World Radio Communication Conference in 2019 (WRC-19).
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Intel’s Deep Learning Chips Will Arrive in 2017
- Kubernetes Founders Create a New Container Company
- Security Firm Prevalent Closes $60M in Funding
- Cloud Foundry CEO Decamps to Join Diane Greene at Google
- Cisco’s Service Provider Revenues Fell 12% in Q1 2017
- Nokia Puts Machine Learning Into Its Software Business
- Q&A with Kelly Ahuja, the New CEO at Versa Networks
- Cisco Predicts Low Single-Digit Revenue Declines in Q2
- Microsoft Becomes a Member of The Linux Foundation
- Google Pushes ‘Radical’ Spectrum Model For 5G
- IBM Drops $200M on New Security Capabilities
- NEC Will Infuse AI Into GE Predix
- Packet’s Bare Metal Cloud Answers the Call to ARM
- Google Unleashes its Machine Learning Group
- AT&T Exec: Artificial Intelligence Will Help Us Run a Better Network
- Indian Conglomerate Embarks on IoT Journey with Cisco Jasper
- Siemplify Raises $10M for Its Security Platform
- GE Digital Buys a Pair of AI Startups to Boost Predix
- AT&T Pushing for Early Release of 5G Spec in Late 2017
- Verizon’s Smart City Saga Continues With LQD WiFi Acquisition
- Nokia Creates a Standalone Software Business
- DinCloud Adds Analytics to Its Cloud Platform
- 5G Subscribers Will Top 550M by End of 2022, says Ericsson Report
- F5 Offers Application Delivery Controllers via Equinix Data Centers
- VeloCloud SD-WAN Monitors Voice Quality
- Brocade Updates Its Mobile Carrier Visibility Fabric
- RiskIQ Rakes in $30.5M in Series C Funding