Patel Gets $5.5M Payout to Leave Cisco — Patel was a 19-year veteran with Cisco and led the company’s engineering organization.
Downbeat Ericsson CEO Wants AT&T to Buy Time Warner —The potential merger is viewed as a bright spot in Ericsson’s future, but that might not happen.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Microsoft also launched a preview of Azure Container Registry.
Viptela developed an integration between its SEN platform and LiveAction’s LiveNX.
Centec and EmbedWay jointly introduced the ExSwitch6400 series 10-Gb/s Ethernet software-defined networking (SDN) white box solution, a 10- and 40-Gb/s Ethernet open-networking platform with native 100-Gb/s Ethernet (4x25G SerDes) uplinks.
Infoblox also announced the release of NIOS 8.0, which allows DNS, DHCP, and IP address management (DDI) to scale according to the needs of the network.
IT services provider NYI announced that Megaport will provide NYI customers with access to major cloud service providers.
Aethra Telecommunications has joined the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OpenNFV Partner Program.
Security vendor Nuix appointed former Dun & Bradstreet executive Ethan Treese as its CEO—Americas.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Verizon’s IoT Business May Soon Top $1B
- China Unicom Pick Spirent to Test NFV Middleware
- Nvidia Sees Massive Potential in Data Center AI
- There Will be 485 Hyperscale Data Centers Worldwide by 2020
- Would HPE Acquire SimpliVity?
- CentruyLink, Level 3 Combo Looks to SD-WAN to Build Enterprise Biz
- Radisys Propels 5G, Contributes Virtual EPC to Open Source Group
- Dtac Uses Nokia Gear for SDN in Thailand
- Ciena Adapts Blue Planet’s Virtualization for the Network Edge
- New IBM Platform Brings Watson to IoT
- Korea’s KT Says It Will Launch 5G by 2019 — Will Verizon Follow?
- Nutanix Muscles Into Enterprise Networking Territory
- Facebook Intros Backpack, an Open 100G Modular Switch
- Juniper To Go: vMX & vSRX Become Available in AWS
- AT&T, Colt Test API-to-API Interface for SDN
- Orange Business Services Uses Ciena & Juniper for SDN
- Brocade’s For-Sale IP Division Lands Fujitsu as a Customer
- Rift.io Releases Commercial MANO Software Based on OSM
- BT’s SD-WAN With Nuage Will Launch in Early 2017
- Q3 2016 Earnings Highlights and Expectations
- Open-O: Here Comes the Sun (Code Releases)
- Windstream Buys Earthlink for $1.1B
- CenturyLink Sells its Data Centers to Investor Group for $2.15B
- The 7 Largest Rounds of Funding of 2016 (So Far)