Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Cisco Buys SD-WAN Vendor Viptela for $610M — The deal will give Cisco a pure-play SD-WAN offering.
Verizon Open Source White Box ‘Coming Soon,’ VP Says — Expect an ‘Android’ model, as opposed to AT&T’s ‘Apple’ model.
Viptela Acquisition Enforces Cisco’s Move to Software — Viptela was the SD-WAN market leader in 2016, analyst says.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Cloudify launched open virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE) services targeted for carriers and vendors that are looking for a framework to build their own custom vCPE solution.
The Broadband Forum and SDN/NFV Industry Alliance signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to jointly set up an open broadband lab in Asia.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- CenturyLink Latest to Claim Virtualization Cost Benefits
- Verizon and AT&T Exits From Cloud Business Applauded by Analysts
- Google’s RailTel Project Uses Cloud-Native NFV to Deliver WiFi to Millions
- Extreme Expects 10,000 New Enterprise Customers From Its Acquisitions
- Verizon Open Source White Box ‘Coming Soon,’ VP Says
- Oracle to Migrate AT&T Databases to Cloud Platform
- Red Hat Picks SevOne for Service Assurance
- Straight Path Enjoys Bidding War That Now Values it at $2.3B
- Sprint Cites Software as Part of 2016 Capex Savings
- BT Eyes Federated Network Slicing for Roaming
- Vodafone Taps Mirantis for Managed Open Cloud Services
- Dell EMC Launches Hybrid Cloud Platform for Microsoft Azure Stack
- Red Hat Integrates AWS into OpenShift Container Platform
- Datadog Adds to its List of Azure Integrations
- Apstra Updates Intent-Based OS
- China Mobile Tests VNFs With Enea’s Software
- Docker Names New CEO as it Looks to Bolster Container Market
- T-Mobile Targets 2019 for First 5G Markets, Nationwide in 2020
- MEF Launches Certification Program Targeting LSO, SDN, NFV
- Mavenir’s Transformation from VoLTE Vendor to xRAN Upstart
- Fastly Puts its Edge Cloud Platform Close to Big Brands
- Telco Systems and Silver Peak Offer vCPE for SD-WAN
- Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform Shrinks Data Center Footprint
- Aparna Systems ‘Cloud-in-a-Box’ Targets Edge Computing
- WiFi Pairs Well with SD-WAN, But It’s Not Essential
- Cloudera Shares Jump 20% on IPO
- Google CEO Talks AI and Cloud on Q1 2017 Earnings Call
- Microsoft Azure Sales Jump 93% in Quarter
- Fortinet Reports Another Impressive Quarter
- Amazon Dominates the Cloud as AWS Revenue Soars in Q1