Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Satellite Company Hughes Rolls Out Managed SD-WAN Services — Connectivity can be delivered through satellite, cable, fiber, and LTE.
Nokia Scores Networking Deal by Settling Apple Patent Dispute — Nokia will essentially become an Apple supplier.
VMware’s Pulse IoT Platform Focuses on the Sweet Spot — VMware plans to use its control plane expertise to differentiate from other IoT platforms.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Infosys launched its Boundaryless Data Lake offering powered by its information grid system on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Tanium Raises $100M: ‘Vote of Confidence’ or ‘Liquidity Event’ After Bad Press
- Nexius Software-Focused Subsidiary Targets Cisco and Ericsson
- Sprint Builds its 5G Clout Through Open Source, NYU Affiliation
- Cloudera’s PaaS Targets Big Data Workloads Running in the Cloud
- Rackspace Acquires TriCore Solutions, Names Eazor as CEO
- DDN Hires Intel Storage Guru for New CTO Position
- Accedian’s SkyLight Brings NFV to Performance Monitoring
- Chef Updates Automation Platform for Cloud and Containers
- CNCG Take CNI Container Interface Standard Under its Wing
- Cylance Uses AI, Machine Learning to Prevent Security Threats
- IBM Gives Private Cloud Users Access to Open Source Databases
- Linux Foundation Grows So Much it Hires a Chief of Staff
- New Relic Taps Further Into AWS For Performance Insight
- Cisco Jumps On IoT Security Train with IoT Threat Defense
- Masergy Brews Its Own Complementary SD-WAN Technology In-House
- Calix Uses SDN Platform in Channel Bonding Trial for Verizon
- Aporeto Scores $14.5M to Develop ‘Holy Grail of Cloud Security’
- SDxCentral Survey: 26% of Users Will Not Consider Open Source MANO
- Windstream Taps SDN to Orchestrate Optical Network Services
- Fugue Team Conductor Centralizes Control Over Many AWS Accounts
- VMware’s Pulse IoT Platform Focuses on the Sweet Spot
- AT&T Adds Connectivity, Security Options to FlexWare VNF Management Platform
- Kubernetes 1.7 to Focus on Features Instead of Initial Stability
- SoftBank, Saudis Kick Off $93B Global Technology Investment Fund