It’s Surprising Who’s Using NFV MANO Code From Cloudify – GigaSpaces’ open source Cloudify project is being used by some familiar names.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The self-organizing network (SON) provider Cellwize acquired CrowdX, a provider of crowdsourcing data from mobile devices, including data points such as indoor/outdoor, Wi-Fi handover and roamer experience.
A series of enhancements to SevOne’s Digital Infrastructure Management Platform include support for Cisco ACI, VMware vCenter, Viptela SD-WAN, Cisco Intelligent-WAN, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Virtual Private Cloud.
Apprenda announced it acquired Kismatic, a startup developing Kubernetes for the enterprise. (Kubernetes is an open source project devoted to container orchestration.) As a result, Apprenda also announced it’s offering a commercial distribution of Kubernetes.
StrataCloud released StrataCloud SDI Install, a software application that automates the configuration of converged infrastructure (CI) systems for value-added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Will Brocade’s Acquisition of Ruckus Be Its Savior?
- Tigera Plans to Solve the Container Networking Challenge
- Verizon Exec Says 5G Will Be an Overlay to LTE
- Amdocs Builds an NFV Orchestrator
- Kubernetes Startup Gets Acquired by PaaS Startup
- Russia’s MTS Teams With Nokia & Ericsson to Test 5G in 2018
- Aqua Dives Into Container Security
- With $20B Debt Offering, Dell-EMC Nears Closure
- F5’s Latest Updates Give a Nod to Developers
- Cisco Revises Its Network Administrator Certification
- Wholesale Voice Carriers Examine NFV
- ONUG Hopes to Nudge Networks Toward Real Interoperability