Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Comcast Business Chooses Versa Networks for SD-WAN — MPLS won’t be a factor in Comcast’s SD-WAN play.
Cisco to Lay Off 1,100 Employees by November 2017 — And the company expects revenue declines of 4 to 6 percent next quarter.
AT&T Sees Its SDN and NFV Investments Beginning to Self-Fund — AT&T expects to have 75 percent of its network operations controlled by virtualized platforms by 2020.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Interoute said it will offer SDN carrier services, including instant software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) capabilities that allow organizations to manage applications and data locally.
Silver Spring Networks extended its IoT developer program.
Arrow Electronics announced it will offer Vimoc’s Rosella artificial intelligence computing platform for applications ranging from smart factories to smart buildings.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Q&A: AT&T CTO Andre Fuetsch Links Software Migration to 5G
- Oracle Cloud Security Services Pass the 1-Million-Customers Mark
- AT&T Rolls Out LTE-M Internet of Things Network Nationwide
- Apache Foundation Suffers Money Problems, Organizational Headaches
- SK Telecom Calls for Open Source Project Consolidation
- Google’s Plan to Make GCP ‘The Best Cloud for Machine Learning’
- AT&T’s Donovan: Open Source is Necessary to Win the War
- Sprint Launches VeloCloud SD-WAN Services
- AT&T Sees Its SDN and NFV Investments Beginning to Self-Fund
- SAP Cloud Runs on Google, Microsoft, and AWS Public Clouds via Cloud Foundry
- Why PTC Migrated Its Servers to AWS Using CloudVelox Software
- AT&T’s 5G Plans Include Context-Aware Networking
- Sprint to Launch LTE Cat 1 Internet of Things Network by Mid-Year
- IBM-Nutanix Hyperconverged System Targets Enterprise AI Workloads
- PCCW Global Builds a Distributed Cloud with Canonical and CPlane
- Google Cloud Creates an IoT Service for Enterprises
- CoreOS Adds Mozilla Co-Founder Mitchell Baker to its Board
- NEC Partners with Dell EMC to Deliver SD-LAN
- TM Forum Tools Targets Slow Digital Adoption by Operators
- Verizon Taps ADVA’s Ensemble NFV Technology for White Box uCPE
- VMware Acquires Mobile Analytics Startup Apteligent
- CA Technologies Monitors SD-WAN Built on Cisco IWAN and Viptela
- Apple Takes a Deep Dive in AI with Lattice Acquisition
- Puppet Looks to Provide Clarity and Broader Access to Containers
- Console’s Automated Cloud-to-Cloud Connection Bypasses Public Internet
- Verizon 5G Trial a Collaborative NFV Effort for Cisco & Samsung
- Microsoft Guns for Oracle Customers with Database Migration Service
- Slinking Into a Session Entitled ‘What is OpenStack?’