Verizon and AT&T Exit From Cloud Business Applauded by Analysts — Enterprises want carrier-agnostic solutions.
Edward Snowden Wakes Up the Audience at OpenStack Summit 2017 — It’s better to own your cloud than to outsource it, Snowden says.
What if a Service Provider Snagged Brocade’s Virtual Router? — That could take a bite out of the router business.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- CNCF Snares Four New Members for Open Source Container Orchestration
- Dell EMC, Mesosphere Publish Reference Architecture for Enterprises’ Public and Hybrid Cloud
- AT&T Loses to Verizon in Straight Path Bidding War
- Qureshi Departs Ericsson, Heuveldop to Oversee North America
- Cisco Buys Conversational Language AI Company for $125M
- Open Compute Project Works on CPE in its Telco Group
- Pivotal, Cognizant Partner to Accelerate Enterprise Cloud Migration
- Cisco, Samsung Tout NFV as Part of Verizon 5G Trial Success
- Versa Networks Makes Moves to Virtualize the Whole Branch
- Linux Foundation Tackles Real-Time Data Analysis with SNAS.io Initiative
- Sprint Eyes 2019 for 5G Launch in 2.5 GHz Spectrum
- Nuage Scores Telefonica as New SD-WAN Customer
- Security-as-a-Service on the Rise Among Mid-Tier Companies
- Verizon Sees SDN as a Pillar of Network Streamlining, Cost Reduction
- Ericsson’s Dynamic Orchestration Helps Operators With VNF Support
- Dell EMC Software-Defined Storage Aims to Modernize Enterprise Data Centers
- eBay’s OpenStack Cloud Manages 167,000 Virtual Machines
- Silver Peak CEO: SD-WAN Pure-Plays are Hot Acquisition Targets
- VMware’s Distro of OpenStack Comes Free for vSphere Customers
- Barefoot Scores Tofino Deals with Alibaba, Baidu, and Tencent
- Verizon White Box: Is it a Winning Strategy?
- Straight Path Mystery Suitor Increases Offer to $3.1 Billion
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings — May 8, 2017
- Sprint, Intel Join Forces on C3PO 5G User Plane Open Source Project
- Fujitsu Partnership is Another Win for Mirantis’ Managed Open Cloud